5| Stupid Blonde Bitch

I get a little bit nervous around you

-Shawn Mendes

Amelia

"Aren't you getting late?"

"I am." I nodded, taking a huge bite of my chocolate waffle. "Bridget should be here any moment."

"You have all your stuff? Books, pen-"

"I'm not a kid anymore, Uncle Mase." I huffed. "And this isn't my first time at uni."

"I know that-" 

There was the indistinct sound of a horn. I got up, slinging my bag behind, giving my Uncle the best of my smiles and walking out. Bridget's dazzling white car came in my view, my eyes meeting hers behind the sunglasses she was wearing and I winked at her, getting inside.

"Do not think I forgot about yesterday." Was the first thing she said to me.

"Jeez, Bri, hello to you too."

"I mean it, I'm serious. I've seen the way Theo plays with girls. He breaks their hearts, and I'm not going to sit here and let you get yours broken." She revered the car out of the driveway.

"It isn't like that, okay? That night, on your birthday, we just bonded a lot. We're just friends, and you don't have to worry about me getting my heart broken, that is literally the last thing I'm going to do right now, you know that, right?" 

She sighed, "I do. But I'm just looking out for you."

"I know."

We reached the university shortly after. I had only two classes that day, so Bri told me to meet her during the break in the canteen. I walked towards my class, thankful there was no such thing as introduction in universities like there was in schools, I absolutely hated that tradition. The class hadn't started yet so I grabbed the corner most seat I could find, closest to the window.

"Do I know you?" I lifted my head up to meet brown eyes, dove brown eyes, the lips turned up into a smiley smirk.

"Uh, I don't know. Do you?" I asked back.

The smile widened. "I'm Ethan."

"Amelia."

"Since you're new here, I don't think this seat is occupied, is it?" Before I could reply, he plopped down beside me.

"Right." I rolled my eyes, turning to look at my book.

"Why do I have the feeling that I've seen you before?" He asked after a while.

"I don't know, why do you?"

"Why do you always answer like that?" He groaned like a child. "I'm serious, I've seen you somewhere."

"Bridget's party?" I asked.

"Oh yeah." He exclaimed, he was a very energetic person. "The best friend. I remember now."

"Glad you do." I replied back.

The teacher entered, greeting the students. He was a bulky man, short and plump, bald head, glasses perched on his nose. 

"Welcome to legal reasoning." Ethan chuckled beside me. "In due course of time, you'll understand why students hate it." 

I did.

I understood.

The teacher was absolute shit. He taught like he hadn't slept in weeks, that he was drained of all his energy, that he was about to die and these were his last moments. Students slept in his class and he didn't care, students laughed in his class and he didn't fucking care.