40| Dinner Turned Wrong

You say you're fine, I know you better than that

-Taylor Swift

Theo

"Let me drive you home." I whispered to her. She hadn't let go of me ever since we made up, as if she was afraid I'd go away. I was still angry, but I somewhat understood her, and I appreciated her for trying. 

"Why?" She mumbled. "Are you trying to get rid of me? Why do you want me to leave? I don't want to leave. Please Theo, I'm sorry. I'll keep saying that for the rest of my life, please just don't make me go. I love you."

I smiled softly and pulled her head away from my neck, making her whine. "I'm not asking you to leave me, angel. I'll never allow you to leave me. But your Uncle must be worried. It's late. Or do you want to stay over? That's cool too, but tell him."

Her phone rang the exact moment. She unwrapped one arm from my neck to pull her phone out of her back pocket. I grabbed that hand and placed it around my neck again, reaching behind her to take the phone out. She giggled softly. That made me happy.

"Hello? Yes, Uncle Mase?"

I heard him speak from the other side, though I couldn't make out the words.

"Yeah, I'll be home in a few. I'm with Theo right now."

Her eyes flickered over to me a few seconds later. "I-I don't really know. Let me ask him." She covered the speaker of her phone and whispered to me, "Do you have any plans?" When I shook my head, she continued. "My Uncle wants to have you over for dinner."

I gave her a thumbs up, making her smile. Her smile made me smile.

"He'll come." Then she shook her head. "Please do not embarrass me. Bye."

"So you get to listen to all my embarrassing stories from my family, and I can't listen to yours?" I raised an eyebrow at her, pretending to be hurt.

"You can't." She shook her head dramatically. "They're way embarrassing than yours."

I chuckled, kissing her forehead, intertwining our fingers together. She looked down at our joined hands and smiled. We walked outside together, her head resting on my chest. We stopped short when I saw Scott, Dean, and even Tobias sulking in the corridor. 

"Uh, guys, is everything okay?" I asked.

Three pair of eyes whipped towards us. Three pair of shocked eyes.

Tobias was the first one to overcome his shock. "Oh thank fuck. The mood of this flat was starting to depress me." He grabbed his leather jacket from the couch and picked up his car keys. "I'm gonna go cheer myself up. You both," He pointed a slender finger at Mia and I. "Behave."

Mia clicked her tongue at him. He clicked his tongue back at her.

"Do not ever fight." Scott mumbled, shaking his head. "Ugh that awful goddamn smell of bear is choking me. Fuck it, I'll see you both later."

Dean was the last one to look at us and smile. "You know you both reminded me of Bridget and my first fight."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really? Why?"

He shrugged. "Same scenario. Anyway, she was worried. Please call her. I'll be on my way."

When he left, Mia turned around and coiled her arms around me, pulling me down. I straightened up, making her groan at the height difference, but it turned into a soft giggle when I grabbed her waist and lifted her up.