Taking it Easy

Eleanor woke up to find that Klaus was no longer beside her.

   "Klaus?" She called, as she tried sitting up, but instantly regretted doing so, getting a stabbing pain in her side.

   She lifted her shirt to find a large white bandage, the events of the previous night finally coming back.

   "Hey, you're up." Someone said happily and Eleanor looked up to find Diego.

   Despite the smile on his face, his eyes held a deep sense of worry.

   "How's your side?" He asked and Eleanor shrugged.

   "Not too bad. I've had worse." Eleanor lied and Diego let out a laugh.

   "Yeah, sure." He said as he sat beside her, taking her hand in his own.

   "So, what are we doing today?" Eleanor asked with a smile, as she tried her best to hide the pain.

   "I am taking care of a few things. You are staying here and getting some rest, that's an order." Diego told her as she rolled her eyes.

   "Yes, sir." Eleanor joked and Diego shook his head.

   "Dad is sir. You can all me Diego, Di, you're favorite person in the world...yeah, any of those. The last one has a nice ring to it." Diego said casually, causing Eleanor to let out an uncontrollable laugh, though quickly wincing at the pain it brought to her side.

   "What's wrong? Are you alright?" Diego worried as he knelt before her.

   "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just hurts a little." Eleanor admitted, though downplaying how much pain she was truly in. 

   Before Diego could question her any further, Klaus burst through the door, a relieved expression on his face.

   "El! How are you feeling?" Klaus asked as he sat beside her on the bed.

   "Like I just told Diego, I'm fine, really." Eleanor persisted, though the two men didn't buy it.

   "Alright, well I gotta go, but I'll be back soon." Diego announced, trying to leave, but Klaus stopped him.

   "Where are you going?" Klaus asked with a mischievous smile.

   "Nope." Diego said shortly, knowing Klaus' intentions.

   "What?" Klaus asked innocently as he stood in front of the man.

   "I'm not giving you a ride."

   "Oh, come on, man. You know I can't drive." Klaus begged with puppy dog eyes.

   "I don't c- "

   "Come on, Di. Just give him a ride. Please, for me." Eleanor pleaded and Diego sighed before giving in.

   "Thanks El! I'll just go get my things. Two minutes." Klaus announced happily as he placed a kiss on his twin's forehead before leaving the room.

   "Hey, take it easy today." Diego told Eleanor, the concern evident in his voice.

   "Don't worry, I will. Maybe I'll have Mom make me some pancakes or something." Eleanor said with a smile that Diego returned.

   Before leaving, Diego planted a delicate kiss on Eleanor's head, as Klaus did. Though despite being the same gesture, it held such a different meaning.

   A few minutes after Diego and Klaus left, Eleanor tried to get up again.

Despite some failed attempts, she eventually made it to her feet and the doorway, though feeling immense pain by doing so.