I Heard a Rumor

Eleanor and Allison had been driving for about an hour in the pouring rain, when Allison went over a speed bump.

   Eleanor held a pained expression as she winced, instinctively grabbing her side.

   "Hey, you okay?" Allison looked over worriedly and Eleanor slowly nodded.

   "Yeah, I'm fine. Just can't seem to get comfortable." Eleanor lied.

   "Does it really hurt that much?" Allison questioned, still holding a look of concern.

   "Yeah, but don't tell Diego. He already worries about me enough as it is." Eleanor said with a chuckle as she winced again.

   "Why don't you try and get some rest?" Allison offered.

   "I can't seem to fall asleep, which really sucks because that's the only time it doesn't hurt. My only form of relief." Eleanor joked, though fully meaning the statement.

   Allison glanced her sister over once more, before averting her eyes back to the road.

   "I didn't realize it hurt this much."

   "It's fine. I'm just dramatic. I guess that's something Klaus and I have in common." Eleanor said and they both laughed, but Eleanor grabbed her side again, the action having irritated it.

   "I can rumor you, help you sleep." Allison offered, but Eleanor quickly shook her head.

   "No, it's okay. I know how much you don't like using your powers." Eleanor said and Allison gave her a smile.

   Even in her time of pain, Eleanor still put her siblings' needs above her own. The mere thought of that made Allison feel overwhelmed with guilt for having lost touch with her after she left the academy.

   "Please, I want to help." Allison said with pleading eyes and Eleanor hesitated for a moment before finally giving in.

   "Thanks." She said genuinely as she let out a sigh of relief at the prospect of getting some much needed rest.

   Once they reached a red light, Allison stopped the car and turned to her sister.

   "I heard a rumor, you fell asleep."

   And with that the Eleanor's eyes fluttered closed, leaving her in a deep and peaceful slumber.

   Allison smiled to herself, happy to use her power for good for once.

   As she kept driving, her mind began to fill with all of the other times she rumored someone - and not for good.

   "I heard a rumor you that you're really tired and you wanna go to sleep."

   "I heard a rumor I made the soccer team."

   "I heard a rumor you wanna be my friend."

   "I heard a rumor you like broccoli."

   "I heard a rumor you left me alone."

   "I heard a rumor you stopped crying."

   "I heard a rumor I did it in one take."

   "I heard a rumor I'm perfect for the role."

   "I heard a rumor that you love me."

~ ~ ~ Time Skip ~ ~ ~

"Ellie, wake up. We're here." Allison shook the girl awake before looking over Harold's file once more.