I Think We're Alone Now

17 years ago...

   "In 5, 4, 3, 2..."

   "This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 News outside of the Capital West Bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not 3 hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

"Alright guys, let's do this." Luther said and everyone headed towards the building, except for Eleanor, catching Diego's attention.

"Ellie? What's wrong?" Diego asked as he put a comforting hand on her back.

   "I don't know Diego. What if I mess up and someone gets hurt, or worse, one of you guys get hurt. I'd never be able to live with myself." Eleanor looked down worriedly, but Diego merely lifted her chin up to lock eyes with her.

"Whenever these fears or self doubts come creeping in, you only need to remember one thing." Diego began and Eleanor looked at him questioningly.

   "Oh yeah, and what's that?" She asked sarcastically, but he just grabbed her hand and gave it a small squeeze before continuing.

"You're Eleanor Hargreeves. You can do anything you set your mind to."

   The pair smiled at each other as they entered the bank, releasing their hands before their siblings could see.

   "Hey get them behind the counter!" One of the robbers shouted at the hostages as an alarm blared in the background, giving Eleanor a painful headache.

   "Now you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm?" Another robber said on a radio to the police, while his friend pointed a gun at the other hostages.

   Allison slowly walked up to the man on the radio, taking him by surprise. "Hey! Get back with the others!" He yelled, mistaking her for one of the hostages.

   "I heard a rumor..." Allison began, only confusing the man.

   "What? What did you say?" He asked getting closer to hear her.

   "I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." She told him with a smirk and within an instant the man lifted the gun to his friend and did as Allison said.

   In the chaos of gun fire and screams, Luther came through the ceiling and threw one of the robbers out of a high window, distracting Eleanor.

   The robber used this to his advatange and punched the girl, knocking her to the ground. Diego quickly noticed and ran towards them, knives in hand.

   "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." He announced as the blades curved to the left, hitting the man in front of Eleanor.

   Eleanor quickly used her power to levitate the other man and throw him against a wall, knocking him unconscious. Diego reached Ellie and gave her a high-five before another robber pulled them back into reality.

   "Get back you freaks!" The robber screamed in fear, as he waved his gun around.

   "Hey, be careful there buddy!" Diego warned with a laugh, only terrifying the man more.