Quiet Voices

A/N: Please comment which scene you want Eleanor to be in:
1. Luther and Five meet younger Five
2. Ben's goodbye with Vanya

Thanks!

   "The hell is wrong with you, Luther?" Five called after him, with Eleanor following close behind.

   "I just told you that the world's gonna end in ten days." Five looked dumbfounded as to how this wasn't alarming his brother.

   "Yeah, well, you're always saying that." Luther tried walking away again, but was held in place by Eleanor's powers.

   "And so far, he's been right." She argued before releasing her hold on the man.

   "Look, you two want to go save the world? Knock yourselves out. All right? I already got a job."

   "Wait, you work in this shithole?" Five questioned as he looked around the place.

   "Yeah. Well, my boss owns the place. I'm his body man." Luther said vaguely.

   "What's that? Like a masseuse or something?" Five mocked and Eleanor couldn't help but let out a laugh, irking Luther.

   "Okay, you can make fun all you want, but I take good care of Mr. Ruby."

   "Wait Ruby as in the Jack Ruby, the gangster who shot Oswald?" Eleanor questioned, remembering their history lessons from Pogo.

   "Yeah, the one and only."

   "Well, it finally happened. The gorilla DNA has taken over your mind." Five sighed as he rubbed a stressed hand down his face.

   "Hey, watch it, all right? Jack's a good friend." Luther defended.

   "And you're Number One. Número Uno, remember?" Five asked, hoping his brother's sense of leadership would sway his opinion to their favor.

   "There is no Number One. Not anymore. Not in 1963. Look, I've been stranded here alone for a year. What did you expect?" Luther spat out bitterly.

   Eleanor swallowed down the bitter taste that put in her mouth. Luther had been gone for a year, but she was gone for four. Not even to mention Five who was alone for decades in the apocalyptic future. At least they had human contact. She couldn't even begin to imagine how five survived so long on his own.

   "I get it, all right? You watched Pogo die, the world exploded, and I marooned your big dumb ass in time. I'm sorry, okay? But I'm asking for your help, Luther. The Umbrella Academy needs you." Five said with pleading eyes.

   "It doesn't need me. It never did."

   Eleanor and Five stared at Luther in shock, not fully believing the words that just came out of his mouth.

   "Luther, honey, Jack's about to lose it on some half-wit. A little help?" Autumn the server from earlier interrupted.

   "Ah, shit." Luther sighed before walking away.

   "Luther, wait." Five called after him.

   "Listen. You're the genius who said we should jump, right? You're the one who got us stuck here. And you're the one who brought Vanya. So if there is a doomsday coming, she's probably the cause. And if I was gonna do something about it, it sure as hell is not gonna be with you." He yelled angrily as Five stared at him in silence, the guilt clear in his eyes

   Just as Luther began to walk away, Eleanor chased after him.

   "Luther, hold on." She called out desperately and he begrudgingly turned around. "I know that you still want to do the right thing. Just please come with us. We need you...I need you."