Chapter 16 - Same old new

Telling Jackson to leave the party would have been not only super awkward, but also embarrassing and weird, since I was the one to invite him in the first place. 

So instead, I decided to leave with Namjoon, promising Tae to text Jackson later and calling our date to the dance off. 
That would be awkward, but the right thing to do. 

Out of habit I had asked Tae to sleep over. 
He had only looked at me, smiled, and then told me he would rather want to avoid Namjoon or my parents hearing my moans. 

I had turned red and nodded, then fled into Namjoon's car. 
He was unusually quiet next to me. 

"So, you sure you don't want to head back after dropping me off?" I asked him, feeling guilty about making him leave the party so soon. 

He looked over, thinking for a long time, then sighed. 
"The only reason I might head back is in order to ask Tae what's going on between the two of you. That's, if you are not going to answer me."

I nearly choked on air. 
Shit. 
"I- What do you mean?"

Namjoon snorted at my poor attempt to sound unsuspicious.
"I know you too. And you've both been acting weird ever since you two were sick. And I talked to the others. They noticed too. Are you fighting or something? You looked pretty worked up tonight too." 

Oh God. Someone please kill me so I could avoid this conversation! 
How was I supposed to tell my brother I wasn't worked up because of a fight, but because Taehyung had his way with me in Jin's bathroom? 

"There is nothing. We're fine." 

"You really want me to turn around and ask Tae? Because you two are definitely acting weird!"

"We-" I searched my mind for the best excuse, but all I could come up with was: " We're just having a little disagreement about University. It's nothing. We cleared it up today."

Namjoon eyed me again, but then finally let it go. 
Well- only to mention the other thing. 
"And why the hell were you all over Jackson tonight? I hope you're not planning what I think you're planning? Jackson is fun to hang out with but-"

"-he has a reputation with girls. Yeah, yeah, I know. Don't worry Oppa, I'm not going to do anything with him." 

There was some more talk about the party, but thankfully Namjoon dropped both he topic about Tae and Jackson. 

He parked the car in front of our house ten minutes later. 
I was just about to get out when he stopped me. 

"Wait, Y/N. There is something I have to tell you."
I turned back around, immediately worried at Namjoon's tone. 

My brother looked unsure for a moment before he spoke. 
"I was- I was wondering if you could keep a little more distance between you and Tae."