Chapter 6 - Lost

Okay, I might be able to publish A LOT the next couple of days, because the Hotel I work at might have to close down due to Corona, so be ready for a lot of uploads.

I pulled myself together last night. 
Taehyung had apparently made up an excuse about being tired and having to work in the morning, leaving before I even made it down from the roof. 

I told Namjoon I wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home too. And my perfect, caring brother had immediately said his goodbyes and taken me home. 

I walked into my room and just stood there, looking around. 
Taehyung's memory was in every single object in this room. 

He had bought me the poster of the black-swan ballerina. 
He had joked about my picture collection of the idol band I was obsessed with. (*cough, cough* not me...) 
He had slept on my bed times and times again. 

His smell was everywhere. 
I even had several of his clothes in my wardrobe and the book he was currently reading was still half open on my nightstand. 

I felt confused. 
I should be breaking down in tears again, crying my eyes out or scream in anger and loss. 

But all I felt was confusion. 

It's like my brain was trying it's best to deny the truth I'd discovered today. 

I sat on the edge of my bed, the silence like a heavy weight pressing down on me.

I couldn't stop the memories as they piled up in my head. 

All the times I cried over being left, Tae had been there, by my side, on this bed, comforting me, knowing he was the reason for my heartbreak. 

He had patted my head with the same one he had beat up those guys. 

 I understood the fear in Chung-Ho's eyes now. Not fear of me, but the guy pretending to be my best friend. 
I kept seeing his beaten face and felt- nothing. 

Something was wrong with me. 

Or maybe I was just so broken by Taehyung's betrayal that I couldn't feel anything. 

How could anyone do that to a person you loved? Because that much I knew. Despite anything, I knew, he loved me. He always would. 

But how could he look me in the eye, tell me things would be okay, comfort me as I cried when he had been the reason for all my pain?

The scene on the roof kept repeating in my head, like a movie on loop. 

The way he had looked at me- 
No one had ever looked at me like that.

Just thinking about it made my heart speed up and my adrenaline spike. 
It was probably fear. 

I never thought I could be afraid of my best friend. 
The one I shared my life with every day since I was fourteen. 

I didn't even realize it had turned bright outside when my mom snuck her head through my door. 

"Oh, honey, you're awake? Why are you still in bed though? School starts in a couple of minutes!" 

I looked up at her, and everything, even seeing my mother, seemed like it was happening to someone else. 

She suddenly frowned, stepping in my room with a worried expression. 

"Honey, are you not feeling well? You look terrible."

I felt like laughing.  

"Oh nothing mom," I wanted to say, " It's just that I found out my best friend has been beating all my Ex-boyfriends near death so they would break up with me, but then told me he would never date me, which is confusing as fuck!  But everything else is fine."