Chapter 7 - As dark as I am

This is a longer one. 

By the way, I totally got some inspiration from the Run and I need you MV's 

Eventually, I became aware of my surroundings again.

I didn't know the houses around me. 
I must have walked into a neighborhood I didn't know. 

The air had gotten even colder and the night was eerie silent. 
There was only the light of the street lamps as I slowed my pace. 

I reached for my phone to see where I was and to my shock realized I had forgotten it in my haste to leave my room. 

"Are you lost little girl?" 

I whirled around so fast I almost lost my balance. 
There, inside a little alley to my left were three guys.

One look at them and I knew I didn't want to start a conversation with them or ask for direction. 

They were obviously drunk, bottles of hard liquor in their hand, cigarettes in their grinning mouths as they swaggered over. 

I turned on my heel, ready to run away and nearly smacked into a fourth one directly behind me. 
I hadn't heard or see him. 

He grinned at me and I saw his clipped front tooth- someone who was clearly used to brawl a lot. 

"What's a pretty girl like you doin in a neighborhood like this?", he asked, his breath reeking of alcohol. 

His other three friends had almost finished crossing the street. From the looks of it, they had to be in their late twenties, all of them tattooed and wearing leather jackets.  

Panic started to rise in me.
What had I been thinking, going out like this? 

Nothing, as it seems. 

"I don't want trouble, just let me go, I'm in a hurry," I told the man in front of me, using my 'don't fuck with me voice.'

He only laughed, spitting to his left as he took a step closer and I backed away. 

I knew I stood no chance. Surprise was my only chance. 

And again, it was Taehyung coming to my mind. 
He had insisted I learned at least some basics of self-defense, showed me how to use even my inconsiderate weight to give me some leverage in a fight. 

I pretended to take another step back and then threw my full weight forward, kicking out- right between his legs.

He let out a grunt and a cruse, holding his crotch. 
I didn't wait to see what he did next as I started running.