Chapter 25 - Blood and Family

Taehyung POV. 

I saw her. 

I saw her smile and the way she always brushed her long black hair behind her ear. 
I saw her dance.
Her elegance when she moved, her body more graceful than a butterfly.
I saw her bright eyes, open and full with happiness when she told me she loved me. 
And I saw her parted lips and hooded eyes when I put my hand around her throat. 

And then I saw her on that floor in the dance studio. 
Now that was all I could see. 

Her blood. 
Her bruises. 
Her torn up clothes and missing shoes. 
Her face- 

I felt sick. 
He did this. 
And Seong-Min did it for only one reason: because I cared for her. 
Because I loved her. 

I felt nothing but this burning rage inside of me now and determination. 
He'd gone too far. 
First Nayeon, now Y/N. 

I didn't care if it was wrong or right anymore. 
He hurt her. 
He beat her like he beat me. 
He cut her like he cut me. 

And for that he was going to die. 

I'd told Namjoon I would meet him at the hospital as the lady from the ambulance held up a hand and firmly said: family only. 

I am her family, I had wanted to scream, but couldn't. 

How could I call myself her family when I was the reason this happened to her? 
How would I ever be able to look into Namjoon's eyes again? 
Or in any of the other's?

They had even tried to sooth me afterwards, Jin immediately getting the car to drive to the hospital. 
But I couldn't go with them. 
The paramedics said Y/N would survive- that's all that mattered. 

Hosoeok had stopped me from going first, but I'd shoved him hard enough for him to fall. 
Yonngi tried to talk me out of it and Jimin tried to intimidate me into staying. 

I had ignored them. 

Then Jungkook had put a hand on my shirt, holding me back.
I'd turned and punched him hard enough to draw blood.
I immediately felt guilty but couldn't tell him so.

They looked at me like they never saw me before. 
Jungkook wiped the blood from his nose like it was nothing more than a sniff, but his eyes were wide and hurt. 

It didn't matter.
Nothing did.
Nothing but getting to my brother. 

I left them there, yelling after me. 

I didn't see anything but Y/N's body lying on the floor as I went looking for Seong-Min in all the places I knew he could hide. 

It felt hard to breath when I remembered getting there after the call. 

I had picked up as soon as I'd seen it was Seong-Min- like I always did. 

But I had not expected to hear Y/N's soft whimpering through his phone, as if he'd kicked her while she was already unconscious. 
And then his mocking tone as he told me what he did. 

The scene- it had felt so much like the day Nayeon died. 

I couldn't remember, but the feeling was the same- the endless abyss opening up in front of me, swallowing me whole. 
I only felt rage and despair and hatred now, just like I had when my sister died. 
And it had been Y/N who pulled me back. 
Now there was no one to stop me. 

I kicked in the door to our house. 
It was eerily empty, but not surprising. 

This late, Jung-In was probably at a gambling dent or already stone cold drunk. Suno was most likely at his apartment, taking care of his wanna-be drug cartell and daddy- well, daddy was God known's where. 
It's not like he ever cared to explain himself. 
He just expected you to be there when he needed you.