Chapter 10 - Tell Me To Stop

I wrote this very late at night (4AM) and I gotta work tomorrow, so sorry if there are some misspellings. 😏🙉

I woke up, tugged in blankets and something warm next to me. 

It felt normal to wake up like this, and I snuggled closer to the body next to me, burying my face in that little dent between his chest, sighing relieved. 

As always, I was using Taehyung's arm as a pillow, his other wrapped around my waist, holding me close. 

For a second I felt completely at ease, no worries in my perfect little world. 

Then slowly, the memories came back and I blinked open my eyes. 

We weren't in my room. 

This was the apartment block Taehyung's mom owned, the curtains drawn close and only a little bit of sunlight shining through. 

I guessed it was around late afternoon. 

I raised my head to find Taehyung look down at me with an uncertain expression. 

"You were still shaking when I brought you here."
He defended himself as he gestured to our hugging bodies. 

Even if I had been fully awake, I don't think I could have answered. 
I just stared at him as my confusing feeling were battling each other in my mind. 

Tae looked at me too, like he was waiting for me to do something- to say anything. 

Then he suddenly let out a chuckle that sounded half amused, and half frustrated. 

"For the first time I really have no idea what you're thinking. Are you going to start throwing punches again or will you hug me? I really don't understand you."

" I don't understand myself." 

I sighed but didn't move yet, feeling way to comfortable in his arms.
I rested my head against his chest once more. 

"This is fucked up, Tae. You've managed to make me a mess, you know that? Look at me! I'm unable to let go of the one that ruined all my relationships. Who lied and betrayed and did horrible things."

I felt his body jerk, followed by a long breath, his voice both sad and defeated. 

"I know Y/N. That's why I never wanted you to find out. I'm sorry." 

There was a long silence. 

"What now?" I finally said, feeling lost. 

"I don't know. I really don't know. All I know is that I can't let you go and I can't be with you at the same time. It feels like someone is playing a grand joke on me and there is nothing I can do."

At that, I finally looked up again. 
"What do you mean when you say you can't be with me anymore? Are you- planning to leave?" 

I was surprised by the fear suddenly shooting through me at the thought of having to live without him. 
For him to disappear like he never exited. 

There was so much torment and frustration in his eyes as he let out a dark, humorless chuckle. 

"Come on, Y/N. Look at what I already did to you! You really thing I like seeing you this hurt? It kills me."

I drew back a bit further, stunned by his words. 

"Really? How about when I lay in your arms crying about my ex-boyfriends? Did it kill you then too?" 
The constant anger at him was getting on my nerves, but I couldn't shake it.