Chapter 17 - Tears

Sorry, it's getting a little sad...

Two orgasms, one visit to the nurses office to fake a headache and four classes later, Taehyung and I made it back to my house. 
We usually did homework together, ate dinner and and then either hung out with the others or watched a movie.

I was still thinking about the way he held my mouth shut as he went down on me. 
The knowledge that our classmates were but a room away was disturbingly thrilling. 

But now was not the time to think about Taehyung's mouth between my legs, because that would lead to me being turned on again. 
And there were other things I needed from him than sex. 
I needed the truth. 

He knew what I was going to do as well, being unusually quiet on the way over. 
He ruffled his hair and bit at his thumb, his forehead ceased in a wrinkle- all signs that he was nervous or uncomfortable. 

I hated to put him in this position, but I could no longer look away. He would have to tell me everything if we wanted this to work out. 
Whatever this was. 

I led him to my room and closed my door behind us. 
On the one hand, seeing him back where he belonged made my heart flutter warmly in my chest. 
But his worried expression left a bitter taste in my mouth now. 

He looked incredibly young as he took a seat on my bed, his gaze on his hands as he rubbed them together nervously. 
His duality was truly mind-blowing. 

He could be so demanding, dominant and alluring, and then be the broken little boy again. The one who just wanted someone to love him. 

I dropped my school bag and went over to him. 
Sitting with crossed legs, I took his hand into mine and made him look at me. 
His eyes shone with something I'd seen too often when we were younger. 
Pain. 

"I- I don't know how to start. I'm not sure you can handle it," he eventually croaked out. 

I leaned forward and stoked his cheek, hoping to clam him. 
"It doesn't matter to me, Tae. Whatever it is, I'll be by your side, I promise."

He lowered his head, like my words hadn't helped at all.
His sighed was filled with a heaviness I didn't understand. 
And so were his eyes when he looked back up. 

"That's the problem. You're by my side. And that puts you in danger."

I let out a rattling breath. 
"From your family?"
He nodded, looking down at our interlocked hands. 

"My brothers love to make my life a living hell. Suno, my oldest brothers, is into drugs, selling and buying them for a living. He makes me run errands for him from time to time. Dealing with addicted people is no fun. They can turn from harmless cookie-bakers to rage-filled monsters in seconds."