Chapter 18 - As radiant as the sun

After such sadness, let's light things up

We talked the whole night, holding each other as we spoke from our hearts.

He told me how afraid he was that his fucked up family would hurt me to get back at him.

I told him how guilty I felt that he did what they wanted because he wished to protect me.

He confessed that he hurt people worse than Chung-Ho. And that he sometimes liked it and that scared him the most- that he would become like his brothers.

I held him tighter. 

"Never" I told him with all my conviction.
I knew him.
No matter what had happened, he would always be my Taehyung.
And if he he ever felt like loosing himself, I would be there to pull him back.

I told him as much and he smiled at my words, kissing me slowly.

We did so a lot.
And this was different again. 

It was slow and unhurried, like we had all the time in the world. 
There was a promise in every kiss, every touch, every exchange of looks.

We fell asleep tangled up in each other, and I'd never felt more at peace. 
And when I woke up this time, Tae was still there. 

"Morning baby," he whispered as I opened my eyes and smiled. 
His hair was tousled, his eyes still sleepy and there was an equally happy smile on his face as he looked down at me. 

"I think I like it when you call me that." I admitted, my voice still rough from sleep. 
He chuckled and I felt the vibration all through my body since I was still lying half on top of him, his hands draped around me and holding me close. 
He grew silent for a moment and I felt the tension building in his body.

"How about calling you my girlfriend?", he suddenly let out.
My breath caught, even though it was kind of obvious. 
What else would we be?
But hearing it still sent my heartbeat into a chaos.

I blinked up at him. 
And then the biggest, most stupid grin formed on my lips. 
"I think I would like that even more."

He smiled back just as widely, his body relaxing beneath. 
But before he could answer, we both heard the footsteps. 
Our eyes widened. 

With a racing heart and a shaking body we turned away from one another and pretended to be asleep as Namjoon knocked and then entered my room. 
"Hey you sleepy-heads. I know it's Saturday, but that doesn't mean you can sleep all day."

There was a faked mumble from Tae and I tried my best at pretending to just wake up. 
"Yeah, yeah, we'll be down soon." 

There was a moment of silence where I allowed myself to sneak a peak at my brother. 
He was looking at the bed with a frown.

Then he looked over at Tae and a shadow crossed his face. 
I quickly closed my eyes again when his gaze fell back on me.