Chapter 19 - The dance

Tae was getting dressed at Jin's since he didn't really own a suit or anything and Jin had in abundance. 

Meanwhile, I was getting a meltdown, because I hadn't really thought about the dance at all and only now realized: I had nothing to wear. 

I was rummaging and stomping around until my sister barged in. 
"What the hell is that noise? And-" she looked around my room in horror. "What in the seven hells happened in here?"

I stood in the middle of my messy room with a desperate sigh. 
"Please tell me you own a pretty dress."

Jisoo looked from me to the mess and then back to me.
"Come with me, right now," my older sister said and I could have hugged her stupid. 

___ 

Namjoon drove us to the dance while Jin and the other's were already there. 
"You know," he now said to me as he eyed me from the driver's seat. 
"I'm not sure I want to let you go out like that. Why did you think it was a good idea to ask Jisoo to help you dress?"

I rolled my eyes.
The dress wasn't that bad. 
It was golden-black, with a low V-neck end a long skirt. 

Not even that scandalous- if it weren't for the slit that started at my waist and went all the way to the ground, revealing a lot of my leg. 

"I'm just glad you're not going with any guy- just the boys."
"They're guys too," I pointed out, but he only laughed it off. 

"It's more like sharing my responsibilities as a brother with six others. Anyone looks at you the wrong way, and I can count on them to protect you.

And who was going to protect me from the tall, black haired one who would most likely love to just take that dress off an fuck me against a wall? 
But of course I didn't say as much
I only grinned as I got out the car. 

"Wow" I heard the moment I stepped around it and came face to face with six incredibly handsome dressed boys. 

Jimin and Jungkook were holding hands, looking dapper in black and white. 
Hoseok went for purple while the other three kept it simple with black. 

Jin might no longer be a high school student, but he looked no older than one while Yoongi looked positively badass in his suit. 

And then there was Taehyung. 
My words left me, as did my breath. 
He was wearing all black, his hair styled back, revealing his forehead. 

His lips looked softer, his skin smoother and his eyes bore into mine with such intensity, it nearly knocked me back. 

"Okay, you gotta tell us what's going on! Seriously!"

Our heads snapped to Namjoon.
When had he gotten out of the car? 
And why was everybody looking at us? 

Yoongi cleared his throat.
"You two are acting strange. Last week you barley spoke and now you were staring at each other for like five minutes, not even realizing we were talking to you."