Chapter 4 - Little monster

"Oppa!" I yelled as I threw myself in my brothers arms even before he made it one step into the house.

He caught me easily with one hand, hugging me tight, while chuckling: "Hey there little monster! Why do you sound so surprised to see me? I've told you I'd come home during semester break."

As a response I hugged Namjoon even tighter.
It was still a mystery to me how my parents could have had me and my sister, both tiny and barley over 5'2 foot and then our brother with almost over 6.

And he has been putting on some muscles again, his arms easily as thick as my thighs.

"I know. But I just missed you so much. And the guys too! They made me swear to get you over to Jin's today."

Namjoon set me down again, then ruffled my hair which he knew I hated.
"I was planning to do that anyways. I missed hanging with you guys too. Studying is fun, but home is still home."

I finally allowed him to settle in a little, pack away his stuff and greet Mom, Dad and Jisoo.
They were twins, but where Namjoon had taken the path of a scholar, Jisoo was happy working for the local police station.

She would make a great cop one day.

"Okay guys, I'm heading to Jin's. See you two there later?" Jisoo called from the hallway, a foot already out the door.

Both Namjoon and I shouted a loud yes and then heard the door fall shut.
We made ourselves some coffee then and went to sit in the living room, our parents out for a stroll.

"What's going on with you, little monster? You are quiet today." Namjoon said after we had sat on the sofa for several minutes.

I hadn't even realized I had been quite. My head was screaming with questions about what had happened yesterday.

I had barely slept, seeing both Chung-Ho's ravaged face and Taehyung's scary expression.

"What did you think of Tae when you first met him?"

Namjoons head turned so fast, I was afraid he might have broken something.
"Why are you asking that? Are you two fighting?"

I quickly shook my head, playing it off with a smile.
"No, no of course not. When have Tae and I ever really fought? The question just came to mind. You don't have to answer it. Forget it."

I continued sipping my coffee and thought Namjoon had already dropped it, when he sighed and turned to me.

"I never told you this, but I had actually been a little worried in the beginning."

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. He had?

"Taehyung seemed troubled back than- which isn't so surprising with a family like his."

"They are NOT his family. We are- I am!"
My voice was cold and sharp- but still nothing compared to the deep-running hatred I felt for those people.

Tae never spoke about them, but I knew they had hurt him in ways I could never fully understand.
I met his three older brothers only once on the funeral of his mother and it had been enough for me to know that I never wanted to see them ever again.

His father had been in prison again at the time. Assault and battery, just like the three times before that.

Unfortunately he got out last summer and ever since, I tried to make Taehyung move out of that house. He had turned eighteen last month anyways.
But for some reason, he hadn't done anything- maybe because he was here or at Jin's the most time anyway.