Chapter 21

"Alright, out with it. Something is up," Stark said, she could imagine the face he was making at that moment.

"I'm having memories of my mom," Jenny said into the phone. She was alone in the house because Dustin was out helping preparations while she got ready. All he had to do was shower and throw on a suit, she needed to attempt to tame her hair.

"Like.... Adella?" Stark sounded confused.

"No, like my birth mom," she went on to fill him in on the memory from the apothecary and the dream she had the past night. "I don't know if they're real or if my mind is just making them up. Does that happen? Am I really that far gone?" She dropped the towel from her hair. She sighed at the sight of it.

"Woah there, slow down. It's very possible these are real memories. I don't think you're making them up," he said, his voice calm like always. "Have you told Dustin yet?"

"No, he has enough to worry about," she said, getting started on her hair routine. The way the dress looked on her, big pretty curls would probably be better than trying to wrangle it into a pinned hairstyle.

"Jenny, he's your mate, you should be telling him about these things. It's his job to support you and help you."

"Yes, I know and I will tell him, just not yet. Maybe when things calm down. He's already nervous about tonight."

"And you? How are you feeling? He has a large pack; it's going to be a big crowd."

"Oh, I'll be fine. I'm honestly not too worried about it," lies. She had a bad feeling that she couldn't shake and one that even talking to Stark wasn't getting rid of it. The voice in the back of her head kept telling her that she had seen something in the woods on the way home.

"Really? Is that because you're not planning it?" She laughed.

"Probably," she summoned up some courage. "I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"Will you move with me to the Night Walker pack?" She held her breath, Jenny didn't know what she would do if he said no. She hadn't even asked Dustin yet, though she doubted that'd be much of an issue.

"You know it's funny because I was going to ask you if I could come," it took a second, but his answer finally registered.

"So that's a yes?"

"It's a yes. Do you know when we're leaving yet?" She laughed again

"No, not for a while though," Jenny rolled her hair up into a t-shirt to let it sit. "Oh, I still need to tell you what happened today, it was weird," she went on to tell him about Mrs. Wright and the strange house she lived in, the story as to why she makes so many dresses, and how she found hers. As she did so, she worked on her makeup, taking her time. Before she knew it, Dustin walked into the house and Jenny said goodbye to Stark.

"Who were you talking to?" Dustin walked into the bathroom and kissed her cheek. She smiled at him. "And what is this?" He motioned to her hair mound covered by her shirt.

"Stark and it's how I do my hair," she feigned offense and starred at him. He burst out laughing.

"Well, if you say so. I'm going to jump in the shower. Ceremony starts in an hour and a half." Dustin grabbed his towel and turned to head out of the room

"Wait, where is it again? I kind of want to go see how it's turning out."

"If you head out of the house, there is a path across the street that heads through the woods. If you follow it, you'll pop out on the other side. It's not that far away. Everyone left to get ready so no one is probably out there."