Chapter 13

Jenny collapsed onto the couch in her living room, exhausted. It was only 1 o'clock in the afternoon and she didn't think she could make it the rest of the day. The Alphas decided to head home, ending the gala early. Which Jenny understood, but part of her was disappointed she didn't get to wear the dress she had bought. That morning Dustin and her father signed the treaty linking the two regions together.

Dustin had called his father and gave him the great news. Now Winnie's parents were on their way to pick her up. Her mate asked Jenny if she could be there to see Winnie off and meet the parents, she said yes of course. Winnie was adorable anyway and seeing her get back to her family gave Jenny a new sense of determination to get the other girls home too.

Her mate had also asked his father what he knew about witches. Being in Louisiana, they had an idea of where the covens were and a few rumors that they were pretty sure were true. According to what his father had been told, witches were a secretive group and not many knew or even believed in them. For his future daughter-in-law, however, he would look into it and let them know. Which was as good of news as they could hope for.

God was she tired. Her dream the previous night was still eating away at her. It was almost like John had actually been there, right in front of her. This wasn't like the nightmares she had had before. No, those were more like reliving the horrors she'd been through. This was like she was seeing him again and he was seeing the woman she had become in spite of him.

"You look tired and deep in thought," Dustin's voice came behind her. She jumped hard, spinning around to see him.

"I am, what are you doing here?" She said as her mate came around to sit next to her on the couch. "I thought you were seeing the Alphas off." Dustin wore jeans and a fitting t-shirt, Jenny caught a glance at the lean muscles that ran down his arms.

"I was and now they're all gone. I told Logan to do whatever for the rest of the day, Tony is off with his friends, and your parents and Eric are at the pack house," Dustin said, pulling her closer to him. "And your side kick is outside." Jenny smiled.

"Stark likes to sit outside sometimes to watch the house. If everyone is busy, then what do we do?"

"We take a nap," Dustin grabbed her by the waist and pulled her into his lap. He pulled the blanket off the back of the couch and laid it over them. Jenny didn't hesitate to lay her head on his chest and soak up his warmth. They fit together perfectly.

"You're so warm," she said under her breath. Dustin kissed her head and held her in her arms.

"I've been thinking," Dustin said, slowly stroking her back. Every now and then he would cross her spine and she would have to hold back a shiver.

"Yes?" Jenny said, loving the way her mate smelled. Between the warmth, smell, and his fingers working their way up and down her back, she was barely paying attention. She felt so calm.

"I think the rogues gave us more information than they thought they did," Jenny sighed, it was good while it lasted. She sat up a little, looking at Dustin.

"What do you mean?"

"Well they showed that they were working together. It's a whole string of them and they all know each other, and who you are," Dustin said.

"Yeah and I was the target of the attack. They wanted me in that meadow, they knew that I would go after Winnie no matter what," Jenny said. This much was obvious.

"So that means that they want you for something other than the reason that you might remember anything about your capture. They didn't care that they were exposing the whole operation."