Chapter 4

I know what you're thinking: YOU'RE LATE! and I am. HOWEVER, I come baring gifts. After publishing the chapter last week, I realized that I lied and this chapter isn't from Dustin's POV, so I felt bad and decided to publish not only this chapter but the next two as well. That would be why I was a tad late. Next week is still to be posted on Tuesday as planned. I hope you all enjoy (:

The second she uttered the word, Jenny's family broke into action. There was a chorus of growls and her mate was pushed back out the front door. Once it was slammed shut Stark grabbed her by the shoulders and pulled her deeper into the house, Tony right behind them. Jenny couldn't catch her breath. There were too many emotions coursing through her, she couldn't sort them. Hell she could barely breathe.

A familiar burn in her chest radiated into the rest of her. She felt her wolf stirring inside her, pushing forward. But what came with it were feelings of doubt, about herself, about her mate. Jenny's mind was a jumbled mess that she couldn't seem to think straight. Her heart pumped fiercely and as wild as the emotions in her. She felt out of control.

"I'll snap his neck right now Jen, you just say the word!" Tony was revved up. Easily ready for a fight. He had already thrown his jacket off. Stark had pulled them into the laundry room and sat Jenny down on the bench that also sat in the tiny space. She felt trapped.

"You're not helping," Stark snapped at Tony. Jenny let her head fall into her hands, it was too much. She didn't even get a good look at him. Was his hair brown, or was it black? Is he okay? Was she okay? No, that much was obvious. The tightness in her chest was overwhelming. "Do you need to shift?" Starks voice was gentle, quiet.

"No," Jenny was feeling a lot of things, but the need to shift wasn't one of them, shockingly. It was all just so much. Adella rushed into the room, pushing Tony back. She squatted down to Jenny's eye level.

"Look at me, darling," Jenny did. Her mother jumped back, shocked. Tony had the same reaction, but Stark only lifted an eye brow. Oh god, what now?

"Mom what is it? What's wrong with me?" She could feel herself start to shake, her voice trembling. All of a sudden she didn't feel like the confident woman she was five minutes ago, she felt like the scared little girl she had once been so many years before. Like a small child that needed her mom.

"Your eyes are glowing," her mother said, regaining her composure and cupping Jenny's face in her hands. "But it's okay, I'm sure it'll stop any moment now." Her voice sounded reassuring, but Jenny's body couldn't take it anymore and, like a dam breaking, she began to cry. She fell forward into her mother's arms and cried on her shoulder. "It's okay sweet girl, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere. You're safe." Jenny felt all the emotions in her quickly subside. In her mother's arms, she calmed down quickly, which allowed her to sort her thoughts out. Why was she crying in the first place? Her tears dried up as footsteps rounded the corner.

"He's been sent to the party; we are finding new housing for him now. Stark, you'll stay with Jenny. The rest of us have to show our faces tonight at the party," James looked around at everyone and finally settled his eyes on Jenny. "Oh Jenny, it'll be okay. How about we get you a cup of tea and we will talk about this in the morning? Just sleep on it tonight and don't worry." She nodded at her father and then stood up. Jenny was still a little shaky and though Tony looked worried and her mom looked ready to murder, her best friend remained the epitome of relaxed.

Her family kissed her goodbye and headed out to the party. While Jenny went up to change into something comfortable, Stark started to heat the water for tea. She came back down in a simple pair of black shorts and an old t-shirt. There was a teacup waiting for her on the counter and stark sat on the living room couch. When she sat, Jenny took a few sips of tea before she spoke.