Chapter 17

Jenny woke up to a warm arm around her. Soft tingles ran down her body and she sighed, leaning into the comfort and calmness her mate brought. She hadn't slept this well in... ever. Her heart felt light with love and the feeling of home and belonging held onto her, making her smile. She slowly stroked Dustin's hand, tracing the veins that lined it and trying to memorize every little detail.

This was one of those moments that she would try to hold onto forever. She would carefully store it away in her memories as one to remember when she needed to feel loved. Right next to her mother's tight hugs, Tony's idiotic insults, Eric's sarcasm, and her father's piano playing. Dustin sucked in a breath, showing that he was waking up. His arm tightened around her, giving a tight squeeze then relaxing once again.

"Mmm, good morning," he said. His voice was thick with sleep and right next to her ear.

"Good morning."

"We are never sleeping apart again," Dustin moved his head down, sticking his nose into the crook of her neck, his breath moving over the skin, tickling it. He placed soft kisses, moving up her neck and to her ear. Jenny's eyes fluttered closed, the sensation sending shivers down to her core. A quiet deep growl vibrated through his chest and he whispered, "Mine."

Jenny turned, rolling over and grabbing his face with her hands. She brought their lips together, pushing one leg over his hip. His hand moved down, pulling her leg up higher. He shifted his weight and Jenny was now under him completely. Their lips molded together, Jenny let her hands begin to explore his torso. He slept shirtless, which allowed her not only a full view, but also a free pass to feel every inch of his chest. She traced the outlines of his chest, feeling his soft skin and the hardness below it.

Dustin sucked in a deep breath and pressed his lower half to hers, he was obviously turned on. Something clicked in her head. An image of John flashed in her mind, he was getting ready to rape her all over again. More flashbacks passed through her head of the ways he touched her. Quickly, she shoved Dustin away, scrambling back to the head board. Her breathing was hard and fast, she was trying to get catch it.

"It's okay," Dustin said, keeping his distance from her.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm..." Jenny kept mumbling to him, trying to stop her shaking, clutching her hands together.

"Baby you didn't do anything wrong," she could tell he was trying to keep his voice calm and level.

"I can't stop shaking."

"It's the panic and adrenaline. It'll go away," Dustin got up from the bed and walked to his dresser. He pulled out two shirts, one that he slipped on and another that he gave to Jenny. "This has my scent on it, put it to your nose. It will calm your wolf and in turn calm you down."

Jenny reached out, her hand unable to stay still, and took hold of the fabric. It was a cotton shirt and was soft to the touch. She brought it to her face and took a deep breath, breathing in her mate's scent. Though she didn't calm down entirely, the shaking slowed and she could fully fill her lungs. "I'm going to touch you. It'll help your wolf even more," he said. Dustin sat on the bed and reached out to her leg. He rested his hand on her shin, not making any movement to go up and slowly the anxiety and panic started to fade away.

When she had fully calmed down, her mate asked if he could hold her. She agreed and crawled into his arms. She clung to him like her life depended on it. She needed his calmness in times like this and she was beginning to think she needed it all the time.