Chapter 11 - Dustin's POV

Dustin felt like his heart was shattering at the sound of her voice. She sounded so broken. Dustin didn't know what to do. He was horrified at what he had witnessed, but his wolf cried for his mate. He wanted to comfort her, wrap her in his arms, but how could he? She had killed so mercilessly, so viciously. She looked up at Stark, and Dustin noticed she was crying. Well at least she feels some guilt.

"It's okay, you're okay," Stark pushed Jenny's hair out of her face. The blood was now drying, hardening. "We need to get you home," Stark pulled off his shirt and slid it onto Jenny. She was sobbing into him when Stark picked her up. He started walking ahead and Dustin shifted back into his wolf to follow behind. As they left the clearing, the bodies started to wreak.

They walked back through the woods, though not the path back to the pack house. Dustin assumed that they were headed back to Jenny's house. Even though they had just encountered the point of the rogue's mission, they couldn't be sure that they were entirely safe. They still couldn't smell the rogues, which means until Alpha James gave the say-so, they were still officially under attack.

Dustin didn't know what to think, his mate had done something unspeakable and seemed to have enjoyed it. All the while some freaky black mist floated around her. Something dark lived inside of his mate and Dustin was torn.

He couldn't have a mate that was a danger to his pack. If she was a ticking time bomb, then he was putting all of his wolves at risk. That may make him a bad mate, but he was an Alpha first. He couldn't risk the lives of his pack for the sake of his own happiness. What would that say about him? His father would kill him and never let him take the position, not to mention challenge him if something were to happen after he had taken over.

There had to be an explanation for it all. Stark had known about it, Dustin wondered who else had known too. In fact, Stark was almost completely unfazed by it, like he was expecting it. And he knew how to deal with it. Why did she and the rest of her family keep such an important secret from him?

Dustin felt his wolf practically snap at him. This is why they didn't tell him. Because they knew he would be questioning not only her sanity, but how safe it was to have her in his pack. If he had rejected her, how would she react? Would she kill him? Her family? Hisfamily? Dustin was a strong wolf, he could beat out any fighter in the pack, including his father. He had trained hard and thoroughly enjoyed training, but now he felt helpless and like he didn't stand a chance against her. What if when this happened again, he couldn't talk her down?

His wolf side, however, was proud. Knowing his mate was powerful meant that she could be a great asset to the pack. She was fit to be a Luna, both her human side, and now her wolf side, showed that.

By the time they reached the back yard of the Alpha's home, the lights were already on. And people could be heard talking in the house. In fact, it sounded as though Adella was yelling at someone. Dustin could only catch pieces of it. Something about not knowing were someone is, he assumed they were talking about Jenny. Stark headed up the stairs of the back deck to the house and Dustin went for the guest house.

Logan was opened the door and let Dustin in in his wolf form. He was relieved to see his Beta was okay. Dustin shifted back, his wolf giving him a nagging feeling to go check on his mate.

"What happened?" Logan said as Dustin was slipping on a pair of sweats and a plain t-shirt. He had to go into the house to talk to the family. To talk to Jenny.

"Too much shit. How many casualties?" Dustin said, shaking his head.

"One Luna. They had the upper hand by hiding their scent, but once we got our hands on them they didn't stand a chance. The rogues were poorly trained, if trained at all."