Chapter 7

Jenny had never really known what to imagine when she thought of meeting her mate. She'd heard that it was supposed to be love at first sight, a rush of completeness. There was an instant cosmic connection that was supposed to link them together forever. Hand-picked by the moon goddess, some said. But all she could think about was how calm she felt.

The first time she had seen him all the emotions she had never felt before slammed into her mind along with ones she could never seem to get rid of. It had overwhelmed her. Now, though, she felt like a weight had been lifted off of her. What that weight was, was something she couldn't quite think of at the moment.

Dustin stood there in front of her, wearing khaki pants and a white button down. His hair was combed. She took a few steps forward, to the edge of the doc, where it met the grass. Dustin seemed to have come back into himself, taking long strides to meet her. When he was close enough to touch her, she was at a loss of words. She didn't know what to say, making her giggle under her breath, she smiled at him.

"What's so funny?" Dustin asked. Oh hell, his voice seemed to seep into her. It felt like honey running over her bones. She looked up at him, he was a whole head taller than her. His eyes were a stunning emerald green. They reminded her of a velvet Christmas dress that hung in her closet.

"I can't think of anything to say other than 'hi,'" Jenny felt like a loser. How can she not know what to say? Dustin smiled a big, toothy smile. Her heart fluttered and she couldn't help but smile back at him.

"I'm speechless to. I've looked for you for years and here you are," Dustin said. "And you're every bit as perfect as I thought you'd be." Dustin looked down at her hands and took them into hers. She gasped at the small sparks that pulsed through her fingers, like tiny fireworks. His hands were so warm. Not in the way that made you sweat or sticky, but in a way that made her feel like she would never be cold again. Jenny felt like she was in a movie, like a song should be playing in the back ground. This is where the credits play and they lived happily ever after. It feltlike a happily ever after.

The feeling in her heart wasn't one she could put into words. Jenny remembered the last time she had felt like this though. Jenny had just come down the stairs from getting ready in her room and as she came down the stairs, she got a chorus of good mornings from her family. It was an absent minded greeting, they barely tossed her a glance. They didn't obsess over the fact that she was there or order her to do something, but she was comfortable and felt as though she belonged. That's the feeling she had now. The feeling of home.

"Is this how it's always going to feel?" Jenny asked, not once taking her eyes off of her mate.

"From what I've been told? Yes. These tingles and feelings never go away," Dustin explained. "And the bond will only get stronger over time. My parents said that having a mate is like having a sixth sense. We'll be able to know about where each other is, practically read each other's minds, all of that stuff." Jenny actually didn't actually know about all of that. She knew that they would be able to almost read their minds and that bond will grow stronger. She didn't know that they could sense each other's location.

"And you have to mark me," Jenny's voice dropped low and she went to move away from Dustin, but he grabbed her waist gently, stopping her, and pulling her back to him. It made her breath catch and her free hand laid on his chest. He was so warm.

"Not until you're ready, Jenny. I'm in no rush," Dustin said. Jenny nodded at him, the marking was what she was most scared of. It sealed the bond and she got a mixture of reviews of whether it hurt or not, a range of horrible pain to "we had sex right after." She wasn't ready for either scenario. "Tell me what's going through your head, I can tell you're thinking, but I don't know what about."