Chapter 18

I haven't proof read this, so be nice to me. I'll do it later. 

"Excuse me?" Jenny said. She couldn't have heard that right. The witch people from Finland?

"I'm sorry, you need to go," Joanna said, walking toward the two. Jenny stood her ground.

"No. What did you say?" She said.

"You will answer her," her mate jumped in.

"I really don't know anything. I wouldn't have said anything, really," Joanna looked panicked and was desperate enough to put a hand on Jenny to push her toward the door. The second her hand connected with Jenny's arm, a loud growl erupted from her mate. She snapped her hand back like it had burned her. She looked at him, pleading.

"Please leave. Please."

"Come on," Dustin put his hand on her arm and gently pulled her out of the apothecary. Jenny stared at him in disbelief. Behind them, Joanna slammed the door shut and quickly turned the "You're here!" to the "Sorry, we're closed" side. He kept a hand on her until they were a good distance from the store.

"We have to go back," Jenny said to Dustin, turning on her heels back toward the store. Her mate grabbed her arm again and spun her back around. They kept walking back toward the car.

"No, she won't talk to us."

"But why not? We didn't do anything. She didn't even give us any information!" Jenny was seething, she needed answers.

"I don't know baby, but she did give us one thing," he said and paused, glancing to the side at Jenny. When she didn't answer, he continued. "She looked at you and said 'Noita.' We can look into that."

"Yeah, but what does that even mean? That I'm one of them?"

"I don't know. We need to talk to dad and call your mom. She needs to see if she can get anyone from Casadaga to talk to us. She can ask around."

"This is unbelievable," she threw her hands up in frustration. Why weren't they getting the answers they needed? It felt like they weren't getting anywhere. She did need to call her mom, and Stark. He would know how to help.

On the way back to the territory, Dustin called his dad to fill him in. He didn't have much to say other than the experience was "interesting" and then they hung up. She figured they would talk about it more when they got home. Maybe they were gatekeeping the Wiccan ways?

"Hey mom," she said when Adella picked up the phone.

"Hey Sweetie! How's the trip going?" she sounded so excited. "Here let me put you on speaker, your dad just walked into the room."

"Hey Jen," he said.

"Hey dad, so we just met up with a supposed witch, but she just looked at me, said 'Noita' and then pushed us out the door," Jenny explained

"What?" Adella said.

"She called you 'Noita'? Like the witches Dustin told the kids about?" that was her dad.

"Yup, the very ones. Now we are on our way back to the house," she said, glancing over at her mate, who seemed to be lost in thought while driving. "Do you think you can try to find someone from your old pack that could help, mom?"

"Yeah, I can try. From what I know about witches, is that they don't like to talk a lot about their religion. Can you call it a religion? Lifestyle? I don't know. They don't really like to talk, and there's a lot of fakes, but I'll see what I can do."