Chapter 19

TRIGGER WARNING! There is sexiness and strong language used in this chapter, more so than others. Proceed with caution. 

"Thanks mom," Jenny said into the phone.

"Don't worry, we're going to figure this out," Adella said. "Your grandparents are digging and maybe they will come up with something."

"Maybe, well keep me updated."

"I will, love you lots."

"I love you too mom," and they hung up the phone. Dustin looked at her. "Well after our phone call yesterday Mom called around and asked some questions, but didn't get a lot of information. She said she has my grandparents looking for more information and if they find anything they'll give us a call."

"So now it's a waiting game," Dustin said.

"Yeah it is." Jenny stretched her neck from side to side. "I'm going to be sore tomorrow that's for sure." They had been on their way back from training and workouts when Adella had called her.

"That's not a bad thing. I could give you a massage later, it'd help you fall asleep," he winked at her and her core tightened and she felt it again. It was a strange urge to tackle her mate to the ground and slap a big, fat mark on his neck. She was wet just thinking about him doing the same thing. "Sorry," he said, sounding a tad guilty.

"About?"

"I feel it too." She didn't answer. "It's nothing that I can't handle though." She stopped walking and looked at him, really looked at him. Here this man was, giving her the space and time she needed. He was completely respectful and calm. What could go wrong? She could freak out, but he would help her be calm if she did.

"What?" he asked. Yeah, what? What was she waiting for? The words stumbled out of her mouth.

"Just mark me now." Dustin's eyebrows shot up. He was quiet for a moment before he spoke.

"No."

"No?" She was taken aback. What?

"Yean, no," he turned and kept walking, but stopped again when he realized she wasn't following her. Her heart started pounding, was he rejecting her? "Jenny, I'm not going to mark you on a path in the middle of the woods when anyone could walk by. Not to mention we are both disgustingly sweaty and our skin would stick together in this humidity. I want it to be special."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I can see that you're kind of freaking out. Stop that."

"Well..." she started walking again. "I'm ready to be marked when you are," she said.

"Noted," was all he said.

By the time they got home, Jenny knew what Dustin had meant. She was covered in a layer of not only her sweat, but the mugginess of the day had clung to her skin. She wanted a shower so bad. Dustin let her into the house and she walked straight up to the bedroom with her mate on her heels. Stepping into the bathroom, Dustin pulled his towel off the door and paused, looking a Jenny.

"Yes?"

"Just thinking that I should join you," he said. Butterflies flooded her stomach and she smiled at him.

"What is with you today?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're a little more..." she couldn't find the word.