Chapter 6 - Dustin's POV

By the time he woke up, Dustin had only gotten a few hours of sleep. He dressed in tan pants, a white t-shirt, and white tennis shoes. The sleeves only came down half of his bicep, allowing a good chunk of his tattoo to show. It was an elaborate one, showing off halves of a white wolf and a black one with designs swirling around it. He had wanted to get a tattoo the minute he turned 18, but he didn't know what to get. One night he had a dream of a wolf that changed color, from black to white with piercing blue eyes. It reminded him of the fight of good versus bad and he got it the next day, his mother was furious.

His wolf was going stir crazy. He could feel the tug of the bond urging him to go find Jenny, but he resisted it. The pull would only intensify over time, forcing them together. Most wolves find each other and are marked and mated by the end of the week. Dustin knew that wasn't going to be the case this time.

Dustin walked into the kitchen of the pack house, apparently he wasn't the only one ready for breakfast and some coffee. The wolves of the Moon Stone pack that lived in the pack house, as well as the visiting families were all there, grabbing from the buffet styled set up. Logan came down after him, dressed similarly and was practically drooling over the stack of pancakes. That man was a whore for pancakes.

"I hope they're good," Logan grabbed a plate and got in line. Dustin just shook his head and followed behind him. He decided against calling his mom, he needed to do this on his own. Show not only that he could handle important meetings, such as signing the treaty, but also that he could handle finding his own mate.

Part of Dustin also knew what she would've said. She would have told him everything he already knew. His mother would tell him to be gentle and understanding. To take in everything that happened and not take her distance too personally. Most importantly, she would tell him to "listen as fiercely as you want to be heard." It was one of the things she always said to him.

Dustin worried about her. Was her wolf going crazy too? The mate bond was weak; he couldn't feel her emotions. The bond pulled, but he could stand it and obviously she could too. But on top of all the things she must be felling, her wolf had to be driving her insane. Dustin only calmed his down by remembering the trauma his mate had suffered. Though his wolf wanted to ravish his mate, Dustin had it instilled in his head that he would certainly never get the chance if they go about the whole thing wrong.

When Dustin and Logan had sat down to eat, Eric came up to them. He explained that Jenny did want to see Dustin and there would be a meeting later that day. Eric said he would collect them in about two hours and take Dustin to her. He abruptly walked away. Dustin could tell that Eric wasn't his biggest fan. Which he got, if someone had done to his sister what had been done to Jenny, Dustin would be a tad overprotective too.

"Yikes," Logan said. "He's a little intense."

"I get why they're acting like this, but at the same time I haven't done anything wrong," Dustin said, pushing his fork into the eggs on his plate.

Logan went to mingle with some of the other members of the pack while Dustin set off upstairs to get ready. He never put much thought into what he wore, but now that's all he could really think about. What did one wear to meet their mate? No one ever really planned it, the whole thing was supposed to just happen. Dustin came to the conclusion that if there was a time to dress up just a little, this was it. First impressions mattered, at least that's what his dad had always told him.

Dustin settled for the pants he was wearing and a white button down (instead of the t-shirt) that he unbuttoned one button extra. He put on some nice shoes and rolled his hands through his hair. "well don't you look spiffy," Logan said, entering the room. He was look relaxed, as he always did.