Chapter 1 (A hero's beginning)

Before we begin my new book, I would love to thank my Beta readers, anitcirtic & ShandraGuptaHAHAH and a big thanks to ShandraGuptaHAHAH again for helping me edit as well. Please I will appreciate if you guys go check his books which are really well written and plotted if I say so myself, it is really worth your time into checking out, if you don't believe me, go and read it for yourself.

"We are live at what seems to be a rubbing attempt at Dragon's International bank! Police surrounding the area proclaimed that there are three armed suspects, all of who are holding several people hostages within the compound. They demanded to be left alone and let them take the money. If they don't cooperate, they will start shooting the hostages." A female news reporter stated, near the safe line of the crime scene.

Hiccup watched the report with his full attention, only stopping to munch down on his cereal. It wasn't his first time watching a crime occurring in his city. Hiccup was very aware of how high the crime rate is in his country, and he was always very cautious of his surroundings to keep him out of serious trouble. But that didn't stop from trouble following him. He was so focused on the screen, he didn't catch what Gobber was trying to say to him. He barely acknowledged the sound of the cereal crunching in his mouth, his heart was beating faster than normal, feeling the adrenaline rise in him.

"The armed robbers seem to be losing their patience." The news report commented while the camera zoomed closer at the window of the bank, showing the robbers with rifles and threatening the hostages with them. When Hiccup saw this, his hand clutched tightly on the glass of orange juice on the table but he didn't seem to notice it.

"What are the police waiting for? Agree with their terms so the hostages wouldn't be harmed! You can catch them afterward!" Hiccup complained while Gobber sighed.

Hiccup was always triggered by crimes. It started when he was 14-years old, his parents were killed by an armed mugger. Hiccup loved his parents very much, so it should be clear that the event traumatizes him and the scar of his past is still fresh in his memory. He was an orphan since he was a minor when his parents died and his relatives weren't suitable in taking custody of him since they were ever very abusive towards him. That's when Gobber came into the picture. A tall, buff, one-handed, one-legged, war veteran with blue eyes and a blonde braided mustache making up for his lack of hair on his head. His missing limbs were replaced by prosthetics. He was the best friend of Hiccup's father, Stoick. The agency was skeptical at first but Gobber showed them that he had a stable job as a car mechanic. He's the owner of his shop and is very good at his job. Despite him only having one of each limb, he was more capable than any normal human being. He had also made sacrifices in order to hold custody of me by limiting the amount of alcohol he consumes. He was a heavy drinker but now, he resorts to drinking at least one bottle a day. Other than that, he doesn't smoke, do drugs, gamble, and other illegal activities.

He was a suitable parent, winning the approval of the child care services and all of Hiccup's rights under Gobber's care. Hiccup can't describe how grateful he was to Gobber. Without him, he would be in some orphanage center or a foster home right now because who would want this patient loser of a child. Although Hiccup never feels comfortable calling Gobber, "Dad", he does not mind it at all and still loves the boy no matter what.

"Hiccup, you're getting worked up again! And you know very well what happens when you get too stressed!" Gobber reminds him. The answer is that he might faint and worse. It's a school day. He woke up early today and decided to eat breakfast while watching some television to kill time. Although he started to regret it, he seems unable to find the courage to change the program.