4

The Next Morning

10:00am

i woke up hearing a knock on my door, i groaned and slowly got up to open it. my tia was outside smiling when a plate filled with food. damn.

"good morning sweetie, go lay back down" as tired as i was i said good morning back and went to my bed again.

"breakfast in bed" i said kinda shocked, i never had this before.

"yup, it's healthy stuff for you and the baby" she smiled placing it on my lap.

"thank you tia, where's my brother and my cousins" i asked.

"they are at school and giving you a heads up, you start on wednesday" i groaned as my tia laughed.

"today after school i was thinking we can go shopping" i nodded and smiled.

"during my moms break right" i asked as my tia nodded.

"ima let you eat" before she left i made sure to thank her.

then i turned on the tv that was in the room, imagine having a tv in your room. anyways i put on netflix and created my own little thingy.

i never got to finish my all american after my mom couldn't pay the netflix anymore so i put it on. the episode started to play as i began to eat.

can i say, olivia is mighty fine. spencer isn't really that cute. HAVE YOU SEEN CHRIS THOUGH, motherfucker fine asf.

i finished eating after like 20 minutes, i'm a slow eater ok, and went to go wash my plate. i'm guessing my tia left for work so i was home alone.

once again. i decided i didn't wanna stay home all day so i went for a little walk. on the walk i saw a mom and a little girl.

i smiled and touched my belly, the women looked up at me then started walking over to me. my social anxiety ass started to freak the fuck out.

"i'm sorry if i caused any disrespectful by looking miss" i apologized thinking it was for that reason.

"no no that's not why i came over here" she chuckled as i did as well.

"i jus wanted to ask if your pregnant" damn am i that fat already.

"yea but i barely found out like 2 days ago" i said, she nodded.

the lady sat down on the bench and patted the seat next to her. being polite i took the seat and waited as she broke the silence.

"you want some advice" she asked.

"yes please" the lady chuckled.

"being pregnant...well my daughter, she isn't my first. as i teenager i got pregnant as well, i didn't listen to my mom to take my pills for the baby or anything. i thought since i was a soon to be mom i knew what was best for me. completely wrong, since the baby was healthy and i was still doing shit with my ex, i had a miscarriage" the lady looked down.

"i'm so sorry"

"listen hunny, take everything that the doctors give you and do everything they say. it's so important. i know you want your baby healthy and for that it's important to listen to your mom or whoever is taking care of you, i should've"

"so that's my advice, listen, take everything the give" i nodded as i listened carefully.

"MOMMY MOMMY! i'm hungry" the little girl yelled, running over to us.

"we'll see you around...."

"y/n"

"mary"

the lady and her daughter left the park, i sat alone thinking about every word she said. then i took out my phone to call a clinic.

"hello, yes i'm 16 years old and pregnant. is there a way i can come in today for a check up" the guy said yea.

i hung up the phone and started to walk towards the clinic, obviously i had the directions to the place. i had finally got to it after walking for 10 minutes.

"hey sweetie, how can i help you" the front lady asked as she stopped typing in the computer.

"im here for an appointment under y/n ramirez" i answered, she did some typing.

"ahh ok um here's the paper, write the information down and come back up when your done" she explained everything.

i took it and went to sit in one of the seats. i filled out everything but stopped when i got to abortion, adoption, or keeping the baby.

proudly i checked off "keeping the baby" and smiled.

"here you go" i told the lady, handing the paper with the clipboard back.

"thank you, one of the doctors will come and suggest you to a good pediatrician" i walked back to my seat and waited patiently.

10 minutes later

"will y/n ramirez come with me please" i looked up and saw a nice looking women.

i stepped up and we shook hands. she led me to one of the rooms in the back.

"please take your pants off and put this on, i'll be outside" she handed me a blue cover up and left the room.

i pulled down pants and placed the blue cover up on me. i laid back on the little chair and hissed a bit from the coldness.

after a few minutes the doctor came back in and explained everything she was gonna do.

"this blue spread is going to be cold ok" she told me, i relaxed a bit then felt it.

the blue spread wasn't even that bad, but it was kinda cold. seconds later i heard a heartbeat, my head shot towards the screen but i didn't see anything.

"w-why can't i see my baby" i said as my voice began to crack.

"oh no sweetie it's ok. it jus means the baby is still growing because it's still early. but i'm very surprised you can hear the heartbeat"

"you see that shadow, that's your baby. he or she is still growing. would you like a picture?" she asked, i nodded my head and asked for 2.

first it hurts, then it changes you