19

CONTINUING
IN
KAIRI POV

as i got home from the park, i went straight to my room feeling regret for almost kissing y/n but on the other hand i really wanted that kiss.

i wanted the stupid smile on my face to go away but it wouldn't.

"this is so stupid" i groaned. i rolled over to the other side of the bed, my face crashed my favorite pillow.

"HOLY FUCK" i screamed, seeing maiya's scary ass doll on my bedside table.

"ima fucking kill you maiya" my yell was muffled by the pillow. i got up feeling a bit dizzy from getting up to quick.

i stomped all the way to her room which was right beside mines. i swung the door open causing maiya to scream.

"if you bring this stupid shit or any of your toys into my room i will break them" i threw the doll at her as she ducked under the pillow.

after leaving the room, i slammed it shut heating maiya say something. my mom was at work and my dad was with his wife so i was left with maiya, my very annoying sister.

-

NEXT MORNING

my alarm went off causing me to become annoyed. i groaned as i threw the covers off of me getting off my bed.

i stretched while a yawn came out my mouth, later on i picked my outfit which was....

it was a simple but good outfit. i threw my laptop which was charging in my backpack then a stupid notebook for writing or taking notes or whatever the fuck i need it for.

i went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. minutes later i went back into my room and sprayed cologne, my favorite cologne.

"eat some breakfast kai" my mom whispered, she was really tired because her stupid job has her on the night shift.

"ima jus get an apple and mom i need to talk to you and dad later" she nodded while leaving the kitchen.

im finally ready to tell my parents about anaira it wasn't jus me being ready it's because i was scared of what they would do.

but this time i'm not gonna back down or pussy out because i want anaira to meet them. i mean they are her grandparents so i gotta tell them.

"maiya let's go" i called out. about 5 minutes later i heard footsteps come down the stairs.

"walking or driving" she asked. "walking mom needs the car" i told her then opened the door.

i held it open for maiya to walk out first then i walked out the door, closing it behind me. it was a cold morning, the breeze sent goosebumps all over my body.

me and maiya made it to her school. we hugged then she ran off, i watched as she went to her friends and finally walked into the school.

i did that every time, i'm not scared that she will ditch because i know she won't im jus worried that she won't make it into school because of the awful world we live in.

if i turn my back for one second or leave to my school before she walks into hers a kidnapper could take her and i would hate myself every second of everyday.

10 MINUTES LATER

i finally made it to school, i saw my friend group and y/n.

fuck

i completely forgot about our almost kiss. luckily the bell had rang causing every student to walk to their classes.

for some reason y/n had looked my way and we made eye contact. out of nervousness i quickly put my head down and walked to my first period of the day.

the final bell rang as i stepped into class, the teacher smiled at me. she was always the nicest teacher of the school.

"good morning" i said walking to my class, she said it back to me.

"ok class today we will being talking about the trojan war" she announced.

i slowly began to zone out as the music from my airpods started to play then there my phone turned on. i looked down seeing a notification from y/n.

y/n

hey kai
can we talk later?

yea ofc
do you want me to come after
school?

no
let's talk at lunch

ok

my heart starting beating rapidly as my stomach filled with butterflies even if i knew that our talk wasn't going to be good.

sometimes i hope that y/n would come up to me and say she likes me and wants to try for a relationship.

i want to prove to her that i can be the best boyfriend and father for our family but every time i do a move she pushes away.

i really hope on day, jus any day, doesn't have to be good or horrible i want us to be in a relationship.

when you guys were
in love
a couple of months
ago and
now you guys act
like each other don't even
exist