C H A P T E R 4

After I revealed the big revelation of my identity everyone from my old pack continued to stare at me until the old alpha, Creed broke the silence

 He sneered and asked me "What the hell are you doing back here?" 

I gave out a little giggle and said "Oh little old me is here to save your pack that you all couldn't protect." 

"What the fuck are you talking about Analise?" Axel asked me after he finally snapped out of his gaze.

"I am the beta of the Midnight pack dumbass. 

My pack and I are here to help with your rogue situation" I said pointing towards Xavier and the warriors.

"You are the beta, yeah and I am the fucking alpha king. 

You're lying, you are still as weak as before you left" Axel said. 

Even though I had worked hard on letting the words of others get to me, Axel was still the reason why I worked so hard. I wanted to prove my strength to him and not the weak eighteen-year-old girl I was. I quickly recovered from his words and replaced my amused face with my dark one. In a split second, I had the bastard pinned against the wall of his office. 

I darkly whispered in his ear and said "Don't forget who's got the upper hand. It's my pack that is helping you not the other way around. The warrior pack that I am the beta of versus the weak alpha position you hold. Disrespect me again, I will make sure to snap your neck like a twig."

Quickly as the darkness crept into me, the quicker it went away and back with my amused expression. When I turned back to go to my spot, Xavier was smirking widely while the Midnight warriors did not look surprised at my actions. 

I turned back around and said "Now that that's settled, can one of you show us to our living arrangements. Tomorrow we will go over the logistics of keeping the rogues out of the pack." 

The Dark Moon members had a split second of fright before pulling themselves together to look like they weren't afraid of my previous actions. Clearly, they were surprised that the meek little girl was gone and was replaced by the woman I am today.

Jaxon stepped up and said, "follow me." 

Without saying another word I left the room with my pack following behind. Jaxon led us to the cabins on the far east side, right next to the training grounds. Our pack was left with three cabins so I split the girl and boy warriors up into two separate cabins and Xavier and I took the last cabin for ourselves. Throughout my time in the Midnight pack, I could heavily rely on both Aiden and Xavier to be there for me. Xavier and I had gotten close over the two years while training given that we were both leading the lessons back home. The two of them were like my brothers and although Lukas and I weren't as close I could always count on him to have my back.

Before we had to report for lunch, the nine of us spent the following afternoon unpacking our things and getting settled in our living spaces. Finally, it was time for us to go to the dining hall for lunch. The walk there I was contemplating the many scenarios that could happen when I see my parents and friends for the first time in two years. Once we reached the dining hall all eyes turned on us as we walked in. The pack realized who I was and started to gossip with their friends and families while continuing to stare at me. Ignoring them I scanned the room for my parents, when I finally set my eyes on them they were staring at me with shocked expressions. Indicating to the pack to follow me, we made our way to my parents. 

When I finally stopped in front of their table, my mom breathed out "Ana?" 

I looked at them and finally replied "Yes." 

Without a second thought, they jumped out of their seats and came to enfold me in a hug. 

I started to explain my disappearance, but my dad shushed me and said "Later," and continued to hug me tight. 

The three of us stood in our embrace for a while before deciding to get some privacy. Xavier followed my family and me outside while the warriors stayed to eat.

Mom turned her head towards Xavier and asked "Who is this?" 

I replied with "This is Xavier, the head warrior of the Midnight Pack and also a close friend of mine." 

Dad looked shocked and asked, "The Midnight Pack, as in the warrior pack that helps others?" 

I nodded at him and said, "Yeah my friend Aiden is the alpha and I am the beta of the pack."

 Both my parents were shell shocked on finding out I was the betas of the pack.

 Once the shock wore off they looked at me and Mom said "Of course you are my strong girl."

 I started to say "I am sorry for leaving but..." interrupting me Dad said, "We understand the reason you left." 

Not understanding what they mean my dad quickly explained, "Once you left Alpha Axel revealed the information of you being his mate and being too weak to be the Luna of the pack" Dad snarled in anger. 

"It was for the best I rather be without someone that isn't going to treat me as an equal than with him" I replied. 

My parents nodded in understanding and I finally asked the question that was bothering me the entire day. 

"Has Axel taken another mate?" I asked my parents. 

They looked at me hesitantly and said "Yes." 

I nodded to myself not being that surprised that the asshole took a chosen mate to replace me. 

"Who?" I asked. They once again looked at each other and Dad hesitantly answered "Lilith."

That fucking bitch.

Thank you for reading the fourth chapter of Darkened. Starting from the next chapter I will start to have daily questions for my readers. See you in the next chapter.

Check out TikTok for added aesthetics: https://www.tiktok.com/@xelegiicx

FOLLOW VOTE COMMENT