C H A P T E R 35

Waking up with a raging headache, I looked at the clock ahead to see that it was already six in the evening

Waking up with a raging headache, I looked at the clock ahead to see that it was already six in the evening. My head hurt from the multiple shots and drinks I had with Allegra and Rissa. Turning around, I hung my legs from the bed, using my hands to comb through my hair. When I looked at the nightstand, there was already a cup of water and some Advil there for me. As I was taking it, Arius walked into the room.

"Hello darling, bad headache?" he asked me sarcastically.

"I hate you, Ari," I grumbled out.

Arius pouted and asked, "You hate me, baby?"

Aw, he looked so cute when he pouted that I had to forgive him. Arius came towards me as I leaned back onto the bed as I smiled at him.

"You hate me, little mate," Arius asked again, tickling me on my sides.

"May-be," I said, giggling.

"You sure?"

Continuing his assault, I finally gave in and said "Fine, Fine, I like you."

"Just like?" he asked.

"For now," I replied, giving him a peck on the lips.

Arius stood back up and helped me to stand up from the bed. Walking over to the closet, Arius came out with a gorgeous red gown with off-shoulder sleeves.

"That's beautiful," I said, in awe of the dress

"It's for you. Tomorrow is one of the kingdom meetings and I want you to come along and present you as my future queen, but only if you want," Arius said.

It was thoughtful of Arius to make sure that I was comfortable enough to go to the meeting, even though I knew it was important for me to go. I had a duty to this kingdom now that word has gotten out that the king has found his mate. His advisors must hound him to tell me to take my responsibilities as queen and Arius is giving me the most time possible to settle in.

"Of course I'll go with you as long as you are right by my side," I answered.

Arius smiled at me and put the dress back into the closet. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer.

"You know you did tell me something in your drunken state," Arius says.

"What?"

He moved his head down to whisper in my ear, "You put your fingers in my pretty little pussy to make yourself come."

Blushing, I said, "You have no proof."

Arius grabs my hands and brings it to his nose and says "But I can smell you all over your hands, little mate."

"I'm starving, we should get dinner," I blurted as I took my hands out of his grasp and walked towards the door.

Arius laughed and replied, "Let's get some food into you, amare."

We walked to the dining hall together for dinner, where everyone was already seated. For the next two hours, we ate and talked with each other as we enjoyed the delicacies that were made for us. The entire time we were eating I snuck heated looks at Arius and every time I looked at him I was always caught.

"Keep looking like that at me, it's going to get you fucked," he said.

After that, I kept my eyes on my food until Arius finished eating and then pulled me into his lap to begin feeding me.

"Ari, I can eat myself," I said to him.

"I know, but I want to," he replied.

I rolled my eyes, but made no effort to stop him from feeding me. We finished dinner and went to the gardens for a midnight stroll together. Walking away from Arius for a second, I went to one of the rose bushes to get a red rose from it. Plucking out all the thorns, I turned towards Arius to show him, but he had a worried look on his face.

"What's wrong Arius?" I asked.

"Ana, I need to tell you something."

Oh no, something is wrong. Arius has never called me by name in the time I have known him.

"What is it?"

"I didn't mean to hide it from you. I just wanted to protect you, but now I know that you can do that yourself," he said.

"What are you hiding?" I asked him.

"There was more to the story than I was telling you when we were last here. In a year of meeting you, my death day clock begins. I was contemplating on ever telling you because I don't want your decision to be based on that, but Akoni convinced me that it was important for you to know," Arius explained.

Worriedly, I asked, "What do you mean your death day clock begins? Are you going to die because of me?"

"In one year, I will die if we don't complete the mating process."

Thank you for reading the thirty-fifth chapter of Darkened. Thank you for 72k reads on this book. See you guys in the next chapter.

QOD: Favorite app currently?

Mine: Tiktok

Check out TikTok for added aesthetics and more: https://www.tiktok.com/@xelegiicx

insta: xelegiicx

FOLLOW VOTE COMMENT