C H A P T E R 1

2 years later

2 years later

Beads of sweat were running down my face as I trained with the warriors. I looked my opponent in the eye and dodged his punch while throwing my own. Once he was on the ground I pounced on him and threw repeated punches onto his face until he tapped out.

"Cover your face more, that is the most important thing to cover" I said, helping him up.

"Yes Beta Kade" he replied back to me.

"Training is over, everyone go take a shower and get ready for dinner. Tomorrow we will be training with our wolves" I announced to the pack warriors.

As the beta of the pack I was in charge of training the warriors in our pack. After I left Dark Moon I ran as far as I could until I accidentally stumbled into pack grounds of a different pack. The Midnight pack was known for its trained warriors that aided packs against rogues. We were called to packs to help out if there was any kind of threat or invasion. We were one of the most powerful packs in the world and were led by Alpha Knight, who also happened to be my best friend.

When I ran from my pack I was weak and was not able to defend myself until Aiden found me on the forest floors on the border of his pack. He had lost his parents young and had to take the alpha position when he was fifteen so he didn't really have a childhood. He brought me and trained and took me in like I was his little sister. I gained power after five months of training and had battled the previous beta for his position and won.

I walked to the pack house where all the higher position werewolves in the pack live. I walked up the stairs to my room and went to the bathroom to take a shower. As the drops of water rolled down by body I scrubbed all the dirt that collected when I trained. Over the past two years I had come far in my skills to defend myself. Weak, I was called that by my ex-mate but not anymore. I was powerful and strong and I will rain hell if you mess with me.

I got out of the shower and dried my body off and put on my clothes. I walked to the dining hall for dinner but before I went to the hall I went to get the workaholic alpha friend of mine. I went up to his office and smiled deviously at my plan to get him out.

BANG BANG BANG

I  slammed my hands against the door knocking as loud as I could.

"Get out here bitch, I am hungry" I said, "Shut up already I am coming" he said as he walked towards the door opening it.

"Finally I have been training all day. I am starving" I said.

Aiden looked at me distastefully and said "Whatever, let's just go get food since you interrupted me."

We walked to the hall and sat down with the rest of the wolves, Aiden at the head of the table and me next to him. We all chatted as we ate our dinner with most of the pack in the dining hall. I have never seen a pack so close and bonded with each other. In my old pack we ate our meals at our own house instead of together as a pack. The alpha, beta, and gamma always are seated near the head of the table. Lukas is our gamma with his pregnant mate who is the gamma female Isadora.

After dinner, I went back into my room to go to sleep since we had a long day of training the next day. I went to go brush my teeth in the bathroom and do my night routine when I saw myself in the mirror. It had been a hard journey for me to see myself as someone who has worth and is enough. Although I changed a lot about myself, I now had tattoos, multiple piercings, and dyed by hair black. I smirked at myself about how I was no longer the timid, weak girl but now is replaced by someone stronger and much more badass that doesn't take shit from anyone.

The next morning I went on my daily jog and joined the pack warriors for training after breakfast.

"Today we are training with our wolves, we will first go over how to shift the fastest when in a fight" I announced to the wolves.

We trained throughout the day, many people looked down upon me because I am a she-wolf and "girls can't fight". I hate that we can be as powerful or even more than men and whenever I come upon a sexist I always rectify their belief. My favorite memory is the old alpha we aided a few months ago from rouge wolves.

"Why is your beta a woman, Alpha Knight" Alpha Ryder asked. Before Aiden could answer I stepped in and asked "Why can't I be beta is because I am a girl and can't fight. Before you go around assuming shit maybe work on protecting your pack instead of  being an overgrown sexist pig, Alpha Ryder" I said mockingly. Without a second thought I walked away like a bad bitch away from his sexist pig face.

"COME TO MY OFFICE" Aiden said in the mind link taking me away from my thoughts.

"OK" I replied back to him.

I walked to the main office and when I arrived I already saw Aiden, Lukas, and Xavier inside. Xavier is the head pack warrior that helps me with training.

"Hey guys" I said in greeting, "What's going on?" I asked.

"A pack needs our help against some rogue wolves that are killing some of their pack members" Aiden responded.

"How many are dead and are there any connections between the members dead?" I questioned.

"Eleven are dead and there is no connection between any so it is just a killing for fun with these rogues" Xavier replied back to me.

"Ok. Who is going to the pack to take care of this?" I interrogated.

"You, Xavier, and some hand-picked warriors. And as for the Wolves Conference you will meet me there with Xavier and their packs high ranking."

"All right. Which pack is this again?" I questioned.

Aiden looked at me sheepishly while the other guys looked at the ceiling and wall like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Which pack?" I questioned again getting impatient.

"Promise you won't freak out, Ana'' Aiden asked cautiously.

"Just tell me which pack, asshole" I replied annoyed.

"Dark Moon'' Lukas said.

Fuck my life.

Thank you for reading the first chapter of Darkened. See you in the next chapter.

Check out TikTok for added aesthetics: https://www.tiktok.com/@xelegiicx

FOLLOW VOTE COMMENT