C H A P T E R 26

"Did you know?" I whispered quietly, staring back at Arius

When he didn't answer, I screamed, "DID YOU KNOW?"

Arius didn't answer, but instead walked over to me and grabbed my hand. He transported me to my room in the palace as I almost lost my balance. Catching myself, I thrashed in his hold and began to hit his chest. He just looked at me with a neutral face as I put all my anger out on his body while he barely moved an inch.

Talking to myself, I rambled, "How is this possible? It's impossible."

Done with me, Arius grabbed my hands, preventing me from continuing, and put my hands behind my back.

"Calm down, baby" he seductively said to me.

"How can you tell me to calm down, I can't believe you're my mate? In some way, it makes sense because of the dreams and all. But how can you be my mate? I already had one, and that ended tragically."

Arius looked angered at the mention of Axel and said, "That boy was not your mate, amare. The moon goddess was brought to power mega-annum (million years) ago and was jealous of my power. So she chose my mate for another male, but of course, I placed a curse on your bond so you would have never been together either way."

"You're the reason I got rejected, asshole," I replied.

"Don't tell me you're upset, after I finally found you I looked into your previous mate. My darling amare, I did you a big fucking favor with him. Did you want to end up with that?"

Rolling my eyes, I replied, "Of course not, but you placed the curse before knowing who or whom my "fake" mate was. He could have been nice."

"You're mine," Arius growled.

"Oh yeah, prove it" I challenged him.

He looked at me with mischief and pushed me down onto the bed behind me. Sparks flared all over me as my body tingled with delight.

"You will always be my mate. My kingdom knows it, my family, your friends, and so will the rest of the world. Get on the same page amare, can anyone make you feel like this," he said, placing soft kisses on my cheek, nose, and the corners of my mouth.

Glaring at him, I put my legs around him and twisted him over so I was straddling him. Bringing my face close to him, I brought my mouth close to his, enough for us to both breathe in each other's air. Arius, thinking I was going to kiss him, closed his eyes awaiting me to plant my lips on his. Smirking at his reaction I got off his muscular body ready to leave the room. Only taking a few steps, I was turned and slammed against the closed door of my room. I looked at Arius, who had his black wings opened.

"Don't ever fucking tease me again, mate."

I looked down to see him hardened against his pants, looking back up I said "Uncomfortable?"