C H A P T E R 50

My wings grew from my back, my horns appeared on the top of my head and my body was covered in a beautiful dark grey gown

My wings grew from my back, my horns appeared on the top of my head and my body was covered in a beautiful dark grey gown. I lifted myself into the sky as I looked down to see that Sin had stopped to howl in anger, watching me fly away. Turning my head, I flew back home.

Not the place, but the person.

My person.

Once I got back to the area where everybody was crowded, I saw Arius fully shifted with a furious expression on his face. At full speed, I flew into his arms as I toppled the two of us over. When he saw it was me, safe, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled us both up so that I was sitting in his lap.

"Look at you, pretty baby, you look absolutely ethereal," Arius said, bringing his hands to my little horns.

I snuggled my face into the crook of his neck, trying to please my mate so that he would forget my actions beforehand.

Placing light kisses on his neck, I replied back and said "I love you."

"I love you too, amare."

I gave him an award-winning smile and went in to kiss him, but Ari pulled back.

He raised an eyebrow and said in my head, "We'll talk about what you just did when we get home."

"I didn't do anything," I replied.

"Oh really, so you didn't just run off with a grown lycan chasing after you."

"Well, I beat him," I said.

Arius brought his hand to my chin and raised my face so that I was looking at him right in the eye.

"Never jeopardize your safety again, little mate. Understood?"

I nodded and then ducked my face into his chest.

"Okay," I said, softly against his body.

"Good girl," Ari said, kissing the top of my head.

"Now darling, get up, we're about to have a furious puppy coming our way."

Arius got up and then offered me his hand, which I grabbed. One of his wings wrapped around my body, keeping me close to him.

Sin came running into the clearing, shifted behind a tree, and then came out in a change of clothes.

He came charging towards us, but before he could reach us, Arius pulled him back with his shadows.

"You're like him, a fucking freak," Sin screamed at me.

Before I could answer, Arius, uncurled himself from me and said "I could give two fucks about anything you say to me, but when you say something like that to her again, I'll cut out your tongue and watch you choke on your blood."

"You are NOTHING to her. You're a piece of dirt while she's the fucking sun. Disrespect her again and I'll remind you just how powerful I am."

"I hope we didn't miss the show. I can't believe it took you over two hours to do your makeup," said a voice behind us.