B O N U S # 2

Two years before Ana met Arius

Walking down the corridors of the empty castle, I made my way into my room. Akoni and Allegra were coming back from their two week-long vacation at one of the many homes that I owned in the land of the living. Allegra wanted to experience the beach life for a while so Akoni took her to my Maldive home.

God how I wish I had someone to spoil.

I've spent over an eon alone, I mean sure I've had my fun during the early years of my life. Now, it just boring spending time with a new woman every day. I want a life where after a long day of being king, I have my mate to come back to.

She would be my home, the mother of my children, my queen.

As I was about to get into bed, my door opened and a tiny being ran in before jumping into my arms. 

I caught Allegra while she wrapped her legs around my waist."Ari, I missed you so much. I can't wait to tell you all about our trip. Did you know we swam with dolphins? I mean real-life dolphins..." she rambled.

I put a hand over her mouth to stop her from talking and said "Slow down Legra, you'll choke if you talk too fast."

She rolled her eyes at me and got down from my hold before placing a quick kiss on my cheek.

"I get why people think we're a threesome sometimes," Akoni said, coming into the room.

"I mean we did share Allegra for a few nights," I said to Akoni, smirking.

Allegra blushed brightly as Akoni scoffed in anger at me.

"Believe me, that won't be happening again."

"You both loved it" I replied.

"Can we please stop talking about this? It happened like 60 years ago" Allegra said, embarrassed.

Akoni and I both laughed as Allegra fumed in anger.

The two of them were the only family I had other than Abia over the past few centuries. Although the three of us were together during the beginning of their relationship, it stopped a few years in since it was getting annoying being the threesome. 

"Ok I'll stop baby," Akoni said, but I couldn't hear the rest because I doubled over in pain.

I was engulfed in my shadows taking me to the bottom of the lake near my palace."What the fuck" I muttered.

The shadow creature my mother created emerged from the darkness."It is time, Athanasios," it said.

"What?" I asked, softly as happiness soared through me.

"Athanasios, my purpose will begin tonight. She will be found."

It was the last thing I heard before I was back in my room where Akoni and Allegra were waiting.

"What happened," Akoni asked.

She's alive, she's real.

In a short time, my mate will be in my arms after waiting for an eon.

"MINE" my beast roared in my head.

"Mine" I agreed. "Arius," Allegra said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"It's time, our queen is alive."

Thank you for reading bonus #2 of Darkened. Thank you for 380k reads on this book. The last bonus chapter will be published next week and then Darkened will officially be over.

COVER INFO: Dm on insta and them email me at xelegiicx@gmail.com your cover ideas for both Morte or Darkened.

MORTE INFO: The first chapter of Morte should be published late Feb. Read trigger warnings. There are some videos on the female mc and the book on my tiktok.

Check out TikTok for added aesthetics and more: https://www.tiktok.com/@xelegiicx

insta: xelegiicx

FOLLOW COMMENT VOTE