35. WEIRD CHEESY ROMANTIC

Chapter 35: WEIRD CHEESY ROMANTIC SPIRIT

***************************************************

Alex's POV:

**************

Everything went according to the plan, Morgan dealt with all the lawyer stuff and formalities and we both walked out of that cursed place after a couple of hours of exhausting legalistic arguments. The entire process was gonna take a few days to get done. Legal procedures took time, Morgan said.

But everything advanced swiftly, without major obstacles. It was almost unreal, and that scared me a little, to be honest.

It seemed too good to be true.

Morgan had other work she needed to attend, so we parted ways. I had taken the day off and so I didn't really have any plans other than going home and taking it easy for the time being. Work at the office was manageable, hence I didn't stress too much as I drove home while listening to some upbeat music when my phone started ringing.

I glanced at the caller ID and then freaked out in the middle of a busy road when I realised it was Jensen on the phone. I stopped my car on one side, cleared my throat and then answered the call right before it went to voicemail.

"Hey, what happened to you? Are you okay?" He said before I could even utter a word, "Why didn't you call me if you weren't feeling well?"

Oh, shoot the sick leave! How could I forget? "Jensen relax. I'm fine. I just feel a little tired, I'm sure I'll be fine if I rest." I said, trying to sound tired and drowsy. Lying was never my strength.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"At home, of course, it's not like I'll be in my car at the side of a random road, now is it?" I chuckled without humour.

"No, you're not." He said. "I'm at your door right now and no one's home."

Shit!

Think Alex think! "I-I am at my-....my parent's place, I don't like to be alone when I'm feeling unwell so I stayed here." Oh my god, please buy it!

"Oh, right of course... Is someone with you? Or should I come?" he said, I could hear from his words how genuinely worried he was, it made me feel guilty for lying but it also made me happy because he cared.

"Mom is here with me, don't worry..." I said.

"Good that you're not alone, I just.... stopped by to check on you. Thought I'd make you some chicken soup and tuck you in before getting back to work." He said and I smiled at his thoughtful words.

"You know how to make chicken soup?" I asked with genuine curiosity.

"I haven't really made it before, but how hard could it be? Besides, I'm good at following recipes." He said, and I chuckled.

"Right... maybe next time" I smiled. "Don't worry about me, besides if you came here, you'll just say I look like a zombie that died twice, and I don't appreciate too much honesty" I joked.

"Now, why does that sound so familiar?" he wondered.

I had to roll my eyes, "I can't believe you forgot.... think about it, it'll come to you."

"Wai-wait! I said that, didn't I?" He asked, sounding seriously shocked. I didn't expect him to remember so quickly.

"Yeah, you weren't exactly known for being sensitive." I joked, knowing he once said that in jest months ago, and I wasn't actually offended.

"I probably only said that because I couldn't tell you how beautiful you always look." He flirted and a blush rose up my neck.

"Alright, now you're just flattering me." I shook my head.