2. TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE

Please vote, comment and share if you like the story so far. I dedicate this chapter to mzyung7 for all the votes and support! Thank you so much! 

Hope you all enjoy this chapter.
Happy reading.

****************

Chapter 2: TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE.

Alex's pov:

**************************

A few broken dishes, a broken vase and probably even my broken back later, I was laying on top of the lunch table winded and confused as all the curious eyes in the vicinity turned to gawk at me.

I could feel a pointy fork digging into my back and hoped that my hair didn't have soup in it.

Thankfully there were no people eating at that table, otherwise, this very encounter would have been a lot more.... awkward than it already was. I slowly straightened up from the table and tried to dust off my clothes from the remnants of food.

Luckily I didn't cut myself on any broken shards but my shoulder ached with the unexpected rough landing, as it took the brunt of my fall. While I was slowly becoming aware of my well being (or not, depending on the perspective) a few random strangers continued to stare at me, some with pity, some curiosity and some with concern, and I tried to look as unfazed as I could.

The person who was utterly and unmistakably responsible for this whole disaster glared at me furiously, catching me off-guard for a moment with his unabashed good looks and how tall he was.

Ok, wrong day to forgo heels, I thought as I looked up at him.

His completely black and unreadable outfit was one of those bespoke-suit-from-Savile-Row type, with just a blue tie adding a hint of colour. His nose was straight, and his jaw sharp and angular. His dark hair was styled up giving a slight windswept form to the cropped strands and revealed his stormy eyes that glared down at me.

He looked over my shoulder and I followed his gaze to the back of a retreating man. And then his heated, yet cold eyes returned to me.

"You couldn't have watched where you walked?" He seethed angrily at me. His eyes kept darting at the man behind me yet again, making me curious what had happened, but I didn't turn around.

His eyes I noticed was swirls of all possible shades of grey woven together to fall into the abyss of dark pupils, they were hypnotic.

I met his powerful gaze with my own equally strong and defiant one. He was attractive in an obvious kind of way and had an air of superiority about himself, I could gauge that he might be some big shot, but his actions were totally crazed, and there was no excuse.

He seemed like one of those 'I-can-get-away-with-any-damn-thing', the entitled ones out there, and this one was going to get a piece of my mind.

What the hell? "And here I was expecting an apology.." I mumbled. Or maybe even a slight concern for my well being, I could have gotten seriously injured.

"Apology." He scoffed. "After all that.." With a tilt of his head, he gestured at me and all the broken havoc that had been caused. Papers with fine print littered the carpet along with bits of food and toppled drinks. And I was apparently stomping those fine printed papers with my shoes as if to drive the point home.

I tried to step away, only to step on other papers spread everywhere. It was pointless, and I realised his anger was misplaced.

"I had no idea-" I was rudely cut off by his loud voice.

"You couldn't have watched your step?" The fury in his eyes magnified.

Not letting him intimidate me with his angry words, I spoke above him, "Oh, I didn't know to check under the tables for egotistical jerks, I would do so from now on..." My tone was incredulous.