32. WHAT A DUMB THING TO FIGHT OVER

Chapter 32: WHAT A DUMB THING TO FIGHT OVER

Alex's POV:

*****************************

"Oh my god! I'm so happy for you I'm going to cry…" Kate exclaimed as she jumped up and covered her mouth with her hands pretending to tear up.

I was back home and back to work and things have gone back to normal, most things.

I told Kate all about Paris and how beautiful it is, but she's just hung up on one fact, like she couldn't see anything further then that.

"Of course he kissed you in the rain, I should have guessed it already, he's crazy about you!" She continued jumping. It's been going on since eight dreadful minutes and she doesn't seem to be in a mood to stop anytime soon.

We had talked everyday through texts while I was in Paris but I didn't dare tell her every detail. She seemed pretty pissed off about it at first, being the hothead that she is, but I've managed to cool her down, and finally she somehow resembles the closest thing to a cucumber.

But it seems my groveling has gone to waste, cause now she's again behaving like a teenager who had popped one too many antidepressants with an overdose of coffee. Yeah, that sounds about right.

"So, did you guys like…..smash?" She asked, making me turn red instantly.

"No damn it, Shut up! Stop making it sound gross." I shushed her.

"But you had a whole trip..." She complained.

"Keep it down will you? I don't want rumours going around in the office!" I scolded.

"Well, it's too late for that, the way you two look at each other, you might as well tattoo 'Lovesick' on your faces." She turned around and walked out of the room with the files she was supposed to bring. I blinked and then forced myself to snap out of it.

I looked at the new files that came to sit on my desk and dove headfirst into my growing pile of work, forgetting about everything else.

My phone buzzed with a message from my mom. It was another reminder. She had practically demanded my presence at home tonight for dinner because Kyle and Sam were coming too. I had no choice but to go to my parents home tonight.

But at work I had a lot of catching up to do because of the trip and because I took a sick leave yesterday… I was terribly tired after the business trip. It made me smile when Jensen called yesterday and worried over me.

Maybe I should go see what he's up to. I picked up the file with the latest sales figures as an 'excuse' and made my way towards his office and knocked before pushing the door open.

"It would be hard to recover from, I'm telling you…" Josh's voice said.

I entered and both sets of eyes turned to look at me. "Hey Alex…" Josh greeted me with a smile and I returned the gesture. It was like an unofficial meeting was going on and I found that odd.

The aura inside the room was very serious, I didn't realize what was going on, but I tried to ignore the tension and speak normally.

"Josh, long time…" I acknowledged. "What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much, just stirring trouble every now and then." He joked. I waited for them to tell me but they didn't acknowledge what was happening there before I walked in.

Why aren't they telling me what's this about? I always know everything… or so I thought.

"You need something?" Jensen asked, a bright smile suddenly gracing his face, pulling my attention towards him.