6. HE'S GOT A HIT LIST?

Chapter 6: HE'S GOT A HIT LIST?

*******************************

Kyle dropped me off at the nearest auto-workshop where I left my car a few days ago. It needed a thorough repair, and I had to spend a bunch of money, but I hoped it was all worth it.

The sound of drilling mixed with the hard clinking of metal hitting against metal and the rumbling of the welding machine welcomed me. The huge garage was dimly lit, smelled of motor oil and grease as I coursed through rows and rows of cars when I finally stumbled upon the one I was looking for, and guess what? It was shiny, beautiful, all fixed up and dandy.

I smiled so wide I think I creeped out some of the employees there.

After thanking them profusely and signing a few papers I took my car out of that dungeon and drove it to freedom, and by that I mean my workplace. I found a parking space, stepped out into the gloriously pleasant sunny day and walked towards the entrance of the building.

I was kinda excited for my first day at work, looking forward to new office friends and all that hassle as I stepped inside the automatic glass doors.

"Signature Heights" the company name and logo was on the automatic sliding doors, I noted and tested it on my tongue. Well, that's gonna look classy on my business card.

When I got to the reception, a beautiful vase with fresh lavender caught my eye and made me smile. The receptionist wished me "good morning".

I replied "Hi, I'm actually new here, and -"

"Are you the new sales executive?" She politely cut me off and I nodded.
She gave me the directions to my office and said "Have a good day." when I started to walk away.

I smiled back and said "you too" over my shoulder.

I couldn't help the gasp that left my lips as my eyes took in the awesomeness that was my office "wow! This is perfect." I told my assistant Nick since he was the only one there.

The room was white and blue, spacious with translucent glass walls and a huge desk on the far end that held two computers and three chairs surrounded the table, one was on the other side facing me. The lights were slightly diffused so they wouldn't blind you and there were shelves and drawers holding a bunch of files visible through the transparent glass doors. A huge set of couch and coffee table occupied half the room for entertaining guests and a closed-door in one corner which I was guessing either led to a washroom or a balcony.

Nick was already waiting for me when I got here, he was like the typical assistant, he stood beside me holding a few files.

His dirty blonde hair was gelled up and he wore a blue button-down shirt with formal Black pants. his voice pulled me out of my trance "so you like it?" I just nodded wordlessly, still too busy taking everything in through my eyes.

Nick handed me some files and told me which project we were currently working on, and after that he left closing the transparent glass door behind him.

Work can wait. I rested the files down on my desk and sat down in my comfortable reclining chair, I started playing around spinning the chair like a little kid.

"I see you've made yourself comfortable." Someone said and I almost had a mini heart attack.

But after twirling around in my seat when I saw a very familiar figure walk up to me, I smiled, as I prepared to stand. "I thought it was vital for me to connect with my workplace."

"No, no, there's no need to stand." Olivia was quick to stop me and she herself took a seat in the chair facing me. "I just dropped in to see how you were settling in." She smiled, her smile was still as gentle and genuine as the one I saw on the day of my interview.