9. NO MATTER WHAT

Please vote and comment on the story.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.
-Happy reading.

*****************************************

Chapter 9: NO MATTER WHAT.

****************************************

Alex's POV:

*********************************

I officially hate my boss.

Can I slash his tires and get away with it? I never thought it was physically possible for my body to contain this much anger and hatred but apparently it is. I'm evidently proving my own naive silly self wrong.

It looks like challenging my boss was a big mistake. I should have known he has control over my work because he was my employer and I had to do whatever he appoints me.

Since last week I've been dealing with clients in Fukuoka, it's a place in Japan and until a few days ago I'm sure I was pronouncing it wrong.

Fukuoka has a total opposite timeline, fourteen hours to be exact, which means I'm sacrificing my precious sleep to deal with Japanese clients who seem far too joyous over teleconference at 2 in the morning.

I'm sure Mr Eichi Nakashima was a good man, but the fact that I had to listen to him speak Japanese at midnight and to also put up with his translator is a huge headache.

And the fact that we never seem to agree is another problem that's putting a damper on my whole plan of completing this task so that I can return to my 'normal' routine as opposed to a nocturnal insomniac one.

My biological clock is probably passed out comatose somewhere, as it has entirely given up on keeping up with me and my work schedule.

I'm living a zombie lifestyle and I'm detesting it, a few days ago Kate told me I looked like a corpse and while I appreciate honesty, it was far too honest for my liking so I got mad at her. Did I mention I was cranky?

Nick seemed to be walking on eggshells around me, he only bothered me with important matters and tried not to make too much sound whenever he saw me semi-passed out on the couch during the day.

All my days had turned gloomy and I have no appreciation for anything. I finally understood why everyone says sleeping is important. I should probably get my mattress and pillows in my office and set up a makeshift bed next to my desk because dragging my sleep-deprived self to work every day after 2 hours of nap was next to impossible.

I'm sure there's a special hell for people like Jensen Black.

Lesson learned I won't cross him, not yet at least, I'll wait until he lets his guard down completely. He has no idea what's gonna hit him.

I was left alone to wallow in self-pity since Kate was sincerely working and Nick had to attend some boring meeting.

I was hyped on coffee and sugar and was struggling to stay awake while I couldn't sleep because of all the caffeine that was fuelling my system, it was like walking a thin line where there's a possibility of either suffering an emotional breakdown or bursting out into loud obnoxious laughter. Neither seemed particularly nice.

I was working on one of those extremely boring development projects and looked everywhere for that one particular report. I'm sure Nick gave it to me last night before he left, where the heck did I leave it?

Nick walked in at that precise moment and a smile landed upon my lips as I welcomed him with a "There's my favourite assistant!" His timing was impeccable.