On Time

Tommy turned off his car and looked up at his house. It had fallen dark on the journey home, he had been away cleaning up the mess that Anna Huseff had caused that he hadn't realised how much time had passed.

The most difficult part of the whole process was being away from Olivia and not being able to comfort her. As he stepped out of his car his mood took a dark turn, would she even want comforting? Had Anna managed to slither her way in just like Huseff had tried to do?

As soon as he entered his home he was greeted by Polly who was holding on to her coat, ready to leave him to it "Is it sorted?"

Tommy took off his hat "Yes, there will be no more surprise visits" he told her with a stiff nod.

Polly nodded back, her face completely neutral as she looked him over "Olivia's went upstairs after she made two phone calls. One to the Ivie and one to her parents"

"Has she said much?" He asked as he pulled off his coat. Tommy was hoping that Olivia hadn't asked Polly much, as the woman stood with him would not hold back the truth.

"Not really" Polly sighed "Just that she needed to get cleaned up. I think she might be in a bit of shock. It's not every day you're kidnapped"

Tommy pinched his nose "Give it to me straight Pol, how fucked am I?"

Tommy could still see the way Olivia avoided his gaze at the table. It was then he was certain Anna had caused irreparable damage to their already fragile relationship.

Polly laughed softly as she walked towards the door "There's only one way to find out"

——-

Making his way up the stairs Tommy began formulating a plan. The enemy had struck and he was on the back foot, now he needed to be smart and tread carefully. Far to much was riding on this.

Opening the door to his bedroom he found her, sleeping soundly in one of his shirts, her hair still damp from a recent bath. Wrapped in the sheets he admired her long limbs and soft skin. Olivia was like a fallen Angel.

Sighing with relief he closed the door behind him and took a seat in the chair next to the bed. Even when she was sleeping she was serenely beautiful. Even with a bust lip that was starting to swell he was captivated by her.

Stirring under his gaze Tommy watched as she sleepily opened her eyes and settling on him. Olivia sat up, her long hair flowing around her face as she pulled the covers up.

"How long have you been there?" She asked him, her eyes never leaving his.

"A few minutes" he told her as he began opening up his shirt.

"Are they gone?" She asked gently, her voice wavering slightly which he expected given her eventful day.

"Yes. We made sure they left the country" he told her while keeping emotion out of his voice. Olivia however knew by the flex of his jaw that he was seething beyond measure.

"You didn't kill them?" She asked as she leaned forward.

The cut on her lip made Tommy wish he had "No, we made a deal that they would never return. Jackson went with them"

Olivia winced at the news that Jackson had left. They had been friends for the past 6 years, work colleagues for 3 years and he threw it all away for unknown reasons.

"I don't understand why Jackson was involved" she told him, her eyes scanning his unreadable face for something more.

Tommy leaned forward and rubbed his face, the days stress wearing on him "Anna needed someone close to you to gather information. Jackson proved incredibly loyal"

"I thought he was loyal to me"

"He was" Tommy said as he stood up and took a seat on the bed next to her "But money and requited love was more important to him"

Like a smack to the face Olivia sat back as she thought about Jackson having feelings for her. If was beyond inconceivable, there had never been a moment between them other than friendship.

"Olivia" he turned to her once he had taken off his boots, his blue eyes cautiously regarding her as he moved closer "I know that Anna Huseff has told you some tales. I need you to ask your questions"

Olivia took in a deep breath, her eyes scanning his whole face, his beautiful face that could never not love "I don't have any questions for you Tommy"

"What?" He breathed, his eyes widening for a fraction of a second in surprise. It was impossible, of course she would have questions.

Olivia began undoing his cuffs on his shirt, taking extra care to detach them from the material "Anna Huseff came to cause destruction Tommy. Tried to persuade me that you had lied to me about everything. At first, I'll be honest I thought there was merit to it but then I realised you wouldn't. If anything you have been nothing but too honest"

"But your face, you were-"

"Upset, yes. My friend had betrayed me" she told him stiffly as she tried to forget being ripped away from the hospital.

Looking up at him she pinned him with a firm stare "If there is anything you lied about you need to tell me now"

Tommy lifted a hand to her face, his thumb gently stroking the cut that now sat on her bottom lip "I'm not"

Olivia sighed with relief when she realised his right eyebrow didn't raise like it did when he was lying. Closing her eyes she felt her body begin to relax, uncoiling itself from being wound so tight all day.

"You believe me, just like that?" He uttered as he tilted her chin, forcing her to open her eyes to look at him.

"Yes" she whispered "You've never lied to me before. Anna forgets that I met her brother and he was very capable of taking me. Also she told me she had a letter proving you wrong but I called her bluff"

"What letter?" He asked her as he slipped his finger down her neck, tracing her milky skin. Just hearing that she believed him was enough.

"A letter from Victor stating his intentions to ask me to marry him a week before...."

Tommy's fingers paused across her collar bone and he found himself staring at her. The mere thought of someone else marrying her turned his stomach.

Olivia pressed a quick kiss to his cheek, surprising him "When you took me from that building I swiped the letter. Don't be mad Tommy but she made a convincing argument"

"I'm not mad" he lied gruffly. Truthfully he was mad, mad about the whole situation.

Sighing she grabbed his hand "It was blank Tommy. It was curiosity that got the better of me and nothing else"

Tommy leaned up on the bed, his body hovering over hers as he placed a soft kiss on her lips, careful not to hurt her. It had felt like a century since he had last touched her and nothing could of prepared him for the rush of feelings.

Pulling away softly, her hand on his chest "I meant what I said when I told you I would marry you but only if you can forgive me. I also meant what I said when I told you that I loved you. I know your intentions are honest Tommy"

It must of been the shock that made him pause, his mouth slightly open as he regarded her carefully

"I won't let the likes of The Huseff family come between us" she told him firmly "Or anyone else for that matter, including me" and she smiled at him, again disarming him instantly.

"What did you do with Olivia?" He asked her as he pulled her close, his hands slipping up his shirt and laying across her naked skin.

Olivia laughed softly at his teasing "I'm still here but I'm just healing better now"

"That you are" he replied gruffly as he dipped his head low and kissed her but didn't remain on her lips for long as to not cause her discomfort. As his sweet kisses trailed across her collar bone he found his fingers undoing the buttons on the shirt she was wearing.

"You wearing this" he pulled back appreciatively as he opened the shirt revealing her body body "Is a dream come true"

"Well" she whispered huskily "I'll just have to keep it on"