Dark Touch

And if my eyes start to deceive me,
I won't let them stray to far

Olivia felt the undeniable urge to let go of his hand and run. As Tommy led her over to his bed she knew that this was the beginning of the rabbit hole, she was an inch from tumbling down and being lost forever.

"You're shaking" he said as he let go of her hand, his eyes searing into hers as he tried to work our where her head was.

"Sorry" she whispered as she bit her lip, sinking herself down onto the bed and looking up at him with big eyes swimming of confusion.

"I can leave" he told her as he sat next to her, being careful not to apply any pressure on the situation.

"No, please don't" she told him "I'm sorry this is just a lot for me to get used to. It's been a long time" she replied with a sad smile "Can we just share this bed?"

Tommy understood what she was asking of him. Olivia just needed him at her side for comfort in his big strange house away from everything she knew.

"You better not snore" he mumbled with a soft smile as he pulled back the blankets.

Olivia laughed for the first time in days as she slipped into his bed, grateful that he wasn't making this anymore awkward for her.

"Same goes to you Mr Shelby"

Tommy laid down and groaned at the way she said his name. Not only was he sharing his bed with her but now he knew he couldn't touch her, even to comfort her. The smell of light vanilla continued to haze his thoughts and he wondered if she was created purposely to torture him.

Olivia sheepishly slipped down into the covers and sighed. This would be less awkward if she could just let go of the tight feeling in her stomach. Deep down in her abyss of thoughts she knew that she needed him by her side, even wanted him to hold her but she was afraid that it would lead to her once again ruining the moment.

All she needed was comfort but she couldn't allow herself to accept it completely, afraid that she was betraying her first love.

Tommy leaned over and turned off the light before he leaned back against the pillow, looking up at the dark ceiling. Olivia quickly settled onto her side, careful not to touch him. To the outside world they possibly looked like a couple who had fallen out but really they were a couple who didn't know how to be there for one another.

It must of been an hour before she fell asleep at his side, her body finally relaxing beside him. Slipping further down the bed he thought ahead to the worst case scenario  and came to terms with the fact that he may have to kill a man to keep her safe.

——

As morning broke and filtered into his bedroom he found his hands sleepily searching for her. Only when his hands slid to the cold side of the bed did he realise she was gone.

Sitting up he saw that all of her things where know longer on the back of his chair. It was more than likely she had woken early and left, afraid of an awkward morning where they would be realise they had spent their first night together.

It had also been the first night that Tommy had slept more than four hours, something that he suddenly realised was because of her. Olivia Heart was a dream catch, another reason why he struggled to let her go when she proved so difficult.

As he quickly got ready he wondered if she would be in her room, doing the same, wondering what the hell last night was all about.

Olivia had always kept him at arms length. Granted he was still there, even in his own bed with her but she was the one to initiate the small step.