Secrets

Olivia paused and looked at Tommy expectantly but she could tell by the look on his face that he didn't know who would be knocking on her door late at night.

Gently pushing him away she smoothed down her hair, blushing when she noticed her blouse had a few buttons missing. Quickly putting her coat back on she went to the door, leaving a breathless and confused Tommy in her kitchen.

Another loud bang hit her door "Bloody hell Olivia come on, I'm freezing my balls off out here" the male voice was unmistakable through her door.

"Fuck" she hissed under her breath and if she could see Tommy she knew that he silently agreed with her sentiment.

"I heard that" her brother Christopher laughed.

Grabbing open the door she glared down at her drunken brother who had been missing from the family dinners for a month, leaving her to deal with their unbearable parents alone.

"What are you doing here Chris?" She snapped as he causally leaned against the side of her door, his breath reeking of whiskey and his clothes of a cheap perfume.

"I need a place to stay" he sang cheerily as he barged by her and into her house "Just until tomorrow. Mother will no doubt want to question me mercifully so I'll need a place to sober up" he grinned as he took his coat off.

"Well the thing is Chris"

A cough from the kitchen doorway alerted them both to Tommy's presence. Olivia could of died there and then at the sight of Tommy, with her lipstick smeared across the bottle of his lip

"Oh shit" her brother muttered "Tommy Shelby...."

"Nice to see you Chris" he greeted back with a stiff nod.

Olivia felt her chest tighten and she pulled her coat around her, trying to hide her gaping blouse from them both.

Olivia watched as her brother gulped noisily and slowly turned to look at her, his eyes now clear as it was night. Tommy Shelby had sobered him up real quick.

"You know him?" Olivia asked, ignoring the glare coming from Tommy.

"Well....you see" he started, his face turning red from the intense stare his sister was giving him.

Tommy interrupted, trying to save both himself and her brother from embarrassment "Your brother has helped me with a few matters recently"

"What matters?" She demanded, knowing that Tommy's business ran into the back market she wanted to know her stupid brother hadn't got himself into more trouble "And don't lie Chris" she warned

"Just information Olivia, about one of my clients"

"What!? What happened to confidentiality?" She sneered as she pushed him into the kitchen and into a chair, ignoring the frustration on Tommy's face

Chris was a surgeon in a rival hospital to their families which over the years had caused a lot of tension between him and his parents. It was smart of Chris, he could make a name for himself but it felt his sister terribly jealous.

Chris shrugged "That went out the window when the guy turned out to be a scumbag"

Olivia finally looked over at Tommy who had taken a seat across from her brother and lit up a cigarette, surveying the siblings with great interest. This was just another complication she didn't need and now she realised that Tommy knew even more about her.

Slapping his hands on the table Chris turned to his sister "The real question is how do you know Tommy?"

Tommy raised an amused eyebrow at Olivia who in turn groaned and took a seat next to her brother "I was his nurse while he was in hospital"