Blossom

Olivia left her hungover brother upstairs to suffer in peace the following morning. Having promised Ivie she would meet her for breakfast she was glad that she could get out the house, she was in desperate need to spill the recent events of her life and rid herself of some of her emotional turmoil.

As she stepped into the dainty cafe that smelled of fresh baked goods she quickly spotted her friend waving her over from their usual corner.

"You've ordered" Olivia grinned as she sat down and took a grateful sip of her tea. The short walk had frozen her nose and hands but she was certain Ivie would known of her hatred for the cold.

"You're in a good mood this morning" Ivie grinned as she flipped her short hair.

Olivia rolled her eyes "Can't a girl be happy with her day off?"

Raising her tea cup Ivie quietly agreed before leaning over to the chair in between them and grabbing up a perfectly wrapped gift with a luxurious red bow attached to it.

"What is that!?" Olivia demanded as she eyed the gift with fear. It wasn't her birthday so it hadn't been expected and Ivie knew she had a disdain for presents.

Sheepishly Ivie placed the box down in between them, careful to put it more on Olivia's side of the table "This was waiting on my doorstep this morning but it was addressed to you"

Olivia's eyes went wide with anxiety as she looked from her friend to the gift. Why would someone leave a gift for her at her best friends house?

"Open it" Ivie urged as she picked up her tea with a small smirk gracing her lips.

"Okay..." curiosity took over and she carefully pulled at the ribbon and watched as the paper came undone. In between them sat a dark green box with an ornate gold clasp. Blinking she pulled her hands away, too scared to go any further.

"You can't bloody stop now!" Ivie hissed "Were getting to the good bit"

"I don't think I should open it. We have no idea what's in there and what if it's something dangerous"

Ivie rolled her eyes before turning to the box around and with deft fingers she opened the lid "Holy shit"

"What!? Ivie? What is it?" Olivia panicked as she tried to decipher her friends face, she wasn't sure if Ivie was scared or elated.

Ivie wordlessly turned the box to face her friend with a bemused smile. Inside the large box sat a green plush pillow that had a diamond necklace. The diamonds almost blinding as they blinked up at her. There must of been fifty diamonds sat in their settings.

Inside the box lid was a card with a message for her.

Olivia Heart

A diamond for every day that you have known me. Please wear these tonight.

Thomas Shelby

"When we're you going to tell me?" Ivie whispered as they both peered into the box

"Tell you what?" She whispered back, afraid that if she took her eyes of the box for one second they would disappear

"That he loves you!" She hissed "Bloody hell Olivia this changes everything"

——-

It took all of her power to stop herself from throwing up. Ivie had closed the box and placed it back on the chair but it hadn't been enough. The present represented more than royal diamonds. It represented feelings she wasn't ready to deal with.

After sniffling into her hands Ivie had calmed her, telling her that it wasn't a big deal and that she was over reacting out of fear.

Fear wasn't a feeling she was used to dealing with. In  recent years she had convinced herself that there was nothing to fear if she never let anyone in or close. Not after....