Panic

Olivia was wrapped up in Tommy's sheets as she stared up at the ceiling. In her left ear she could hear Tommy sleeping soundly beside her but she couldn't bring herself to touch him, to take comfort in his side.

Closing her eyes she remembered the words that were pulled from her subconscious. The man laying peacefully next to her knew how to use his power to get what he wanted. All she could hear was the worlds tumbling from her lips as he worked her body.

Love, an emotional place she didn't believe she could occupy again and here she was. Had he forced this out of her? Exerting his sexual prowess to gain the information that would give him the upper hand.

Or had he simply done it to ease his own confusion, Olivia hadn't been kind towards his advances, always choosing a ghost over him and maybe he needed to hear the words to soothe his worries.

Sighing she leaned over the bed and grabbed his shirt. Being careful not to wake him she began to get dressed.

——

Ron was downstairs smoking a cigarette when she found him. With slow eyes he followed her as she walked towards his car with a raised eyebrow.

"Miss Heart isn't it a bit early for work?" He asked her as he stubbed his cigarette out and eyed her outfit.

"I need to go home and change" she told him as she opened the car door.

Ron raised a thick eyebrow her way "Is Mr Shelby aware?"

Olivia rolled her eyes before crossing her arms over her chest, trying to hide Tommy's shirt from his view "Yes but you can go wake him up if you want? I'm sure he'll love that especially given that he doesn't sleep much as it is"

Ron grimaced before opening the car and getting in. Not on his life would he want to piss off his boss.

——-

Olivia had waited patiently for Ivie to be finished with her last patient before grabbing her and pulling her into the staff room. Locking the door so they wouldn't be interrupted she pulled her best friend to the seating area and began spilling everything.

It was hard to stop but she needed her pragmatic friends advice desperately.

"You just left!?" Ivie hissed "Olivia why?"

Olivia buried her head in her hands. This was not going the way she expected "He pulled it out of me while we were....." she groaned "I didn't stand a chance. Tommy has to have control at all times and used it as an opportunity to-"

"You're looking at this all wrong Olivia. It was an act of passion not some emotional siege" Ivie dismissed as she waved her friend off.

"It was right after I called him out" Olivia shook her head while cupping her warm tea, trying to forget the feeling of his frenzied kisses on her neck.

"Then he needed it for reassurance? You haven't been exactly warm to him have you, your feelings are not as open as his"

"Ivie!" Olivia hissed

Ivie waved her off with impatience "Don't Ivie me. I've been warning you for weeks about his...deep feelings for you and you've chosen to ignore them. Sounds like he wanted your reassurance, especially given the lengths he's gone to protect you"

Olivia felt winded by her friends honesty and found herself leaning back into her chair, taken aback by this strange turn of events.

"Since when did you become his top supporter?" She snapped before pursing her lips.

Ivie smirked right back at her "Since the day he put a smile back on your face"

——

Olivia had been in surgery for hours on a patient who had come in with heart failure. Unfortunately even with the best surgeon and a team of nurses the patient didn't survive. It had been a long treacherous day and she wanted nothing more than to sink into a warm bath.