Rescue

"You ladies weren't leaving were you?" Victor smiled, his eyes focused solely on Olivia who silently began panicking about the dangerous man at there table.

"We were" Ivie said all but politely, sensing the tension rolling between them.

Victor's dark brown eyes began to carefully scan Olivia's face and she was careful to remain composed. This was something she had learned from being around Tommy.

"Stay for one drink?" He asked her as he clicked his fingers for the waiter to bring over his drink.

"Ivie has to go" Olivia suddenly blurted "She's on an early shift but I'll stay"

Ivies eyes bulged but Olivia was quick to reach her hand under the table and squeeze her friends hand, letting her know that she had a plan.

"Perfect!" Victor said as he stood up and opened his hand for Ivie so he could help her up.

Olivia was quick as she stood up, looking at her petrified friend with a calm collected smile. Leaning to kiss her cheek Olivia whispered "Get Tommy"

"Of course" Ivie nodded "I'll see you in the morning okay?" And with a final kiss to the cheek Ivie was making her way out of the restaurant with as much determination as she could muster given the close contact with Victor Huseff.

Victor was polite as he took Olivia's hand and placed a kiss across her knuckles "I hope I didn't interrupt anything. I just came over to say hello"

Olivia smiled before taking her seat, grateful to drop his hand "No of course not, it's nice to see you"

"Not as pleasant as it was for me to see you here in my restaurant"

Olivia felt her hands tremble so she kept them under the table on her lap, afraid that her fear would give her away and leave her ready for the picking.

"It's a lovely place you have here Victor. It's actually Ivies favourite"

Victor nodded as a waiter placed a drink down infront of him. As he lifted the glass to his lips Olivia saw the bandage on his hand and suddenly realised just how close they had been.

"Your friend has good taste" he joked before changing the subject abruptly, bored of idle chit chat already "No Tommy tonight?"

Olivia picked up her glass and took the opportunity to take a small sip, careful to keep her breathing even "I believe he's busy working"

"So he doesn't brother to include you in his business affairs?"

"Well it's not something I'm interested in" she hit back with a raised eyebrow, testing him to see how much leeway she had in this conversation.

Victor seemed pleased with her answer as he leaned back into the chair and began undoing his tie.

"But you're interested in him?"

"Yes" she snapped through gritted teeth. It was painful enough admitting it but now it was in front of a man she barely knew.

"Is that because he pays you Miss Heart?"

Olivia spluttered into the glass of champagne, her heart suddenly pounding in her ears "Excuse me?"

Victor smirked at her reaction, his tongue darting to lick his bottom lip as she leaned over the table towards her "I have connections with the bank and they say Mr Shelby has been paying you weekly"

Olivia felt her heart slowly sink as she realised she had forgotten that she had been placed on the board of Tommy's business, a gift for saving his life.