Chapter 32

Taeyong's POV

As Chaemin enters her building, she waves at me and Johnny. I wave back, hoping she saw and doesn't think that I'm ignoring her.

"Is something wrong?" Johnny hyung asks, looking back and finally noticing me.

"Hm? Oh, no," I respond quietly.

"Oh wait, we should've spoken in Korean, right. I'm sorry," he apologizes in realization.

"It's fine," I shrug.

"I was just telling her about some interesting things that happened to us," Johnny explains.

In that case, good thing they were speaking in English. I probably don't need to hear about those "interesting things" and get scary flashbacks to weird incidents that have happened throughout the years.

"By the way, you um, don't need to check the group chat, the Dreamies just had an incident," hyung advises nervously.

I glare at him, noticing that he's obviously lying to me. "The Dreamies had an incident? Oh, well, I should know about it," I say, unlocking my phone.

"No! No, you don't need to check it!" Johnny gasps, panicked.

"Hm, whatever you s-" I start, but my mouth falls open when I see the text messages flooding our group chat.

"Hyung! Are you dating Chaemin?"

"Congrats!"

"Good pick, she's really nice."

"Wow, I can't believe you got a girlfriend before me."

"Taeyong? A girlfriend? No way!"

I continue to scroll through the messages, not believing my eyes. Since when was I dating Chaemin? She probably doesn't even like me! And I just met her, too!"

"HYUNG! When did this happen?" I whine.

"Um, so, as you know, Haechan was going through your messages, right?" Johnny starts.

"I'm going to actually ground that child when we get home," I groan, sighing at the chaos that he single-handedly caused.

"Well, Doyoung wanted to tell you about a ghost, and then Haechan made a joke that you were out with your girlfriend Chaemin. Then he decided to host a party, and then, y'know..." he trails off.

"And you helped him with his party?" I ask in disbelief.

"Um, maybe?" Johnny replies, his confidence wavering.

"Oh my goodness, how do I fix this?" I mutter under my breath.

"Um, sorry, not my problem?" hyung responds uneasily.

I sigh and put my AirPods back in, hoping that some music will calm me down. I swear, if our managers find out about this, if our Czennies find out about this dumb misunderstanding...

"We're here," Johnny hyung calls loudly a few minutes later.

"Alright, let's go kill some little children," I respond, sliding out of the car.

"What did you say?" he asks in panic.

"I said, let's go kill some little children," I repeat.

"I know nothing about this. I never heard you say anything. I am not involved in this situation," hyung announces dramatically as he sprints towards the building. I shake my head and follow.

As I approach the door of our dorm, I hear Johnny hyung yelling, "Evacuate, Haechan! Everyone, off the balcony! Off the balcony! One, two, three, four, five through, um, A LOT more to go!"

Are they trying to jump off the balcony? Oh my goodness...

I barge into the dorm, prepared to stop the members from trying to get away through the balcony because first, it's dangerous, and second, I have some people to talk to.

To my surprise, though, everyone is seated in a perfect circle on the floor, yelling and pretending to be jumping off the balcony, making as much noise as possible.

"Guys! Be quiet! We're going to get noise complaints for the tenth time this week!" I order, covering my ears.

"Hey guys, I'm ho-" The voice of our manager starts.

"Oh, um, hi," I greet him awkwardly. I don't think that he expected all 23 of us to be here.

"Um, Jaehyun, I got you your lightbulb..." he informs Jaehyun, who takes the box to his room and escapes the circle.

"What happened while I was gone?" he asks, scratching his head in confusion. We all turn our eyes to Haechan, expecting him to speak up.

"We just all wanted to hang out together on this wonderful break day," the younger immediately lies. That slipped out of his mouth so naturally, it's scary.

"Oh, okay, then, I guess. This was unexpected, but I guess you all can continue your game of Duck Duck Goose," he shrugs, already used to our chaotic and unusual behaviour.

"Thanks, we'll have fun!" Jisung responds, waving to our manager as he disappears down the hallway to his room.

"So, can we play Duck Duck Goose now?" Jisung asks hopefully.

"That was a joke, you dummy," Chenle sighs, smacking his best friend on the head playfully. Jisung frowns, looking disappointed.

"Well, I have a person that I need to talk to," I announce, noticing the terrified looks on their faces at my statement. I also observe Haechan gulping nervously.

"Lee Donghyuck, come with me."

Alright, let's get some scolding done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was kinda a filler chapter lol

Thank you for reading!