Chapter 30

Taeyong's POV

I slide into the back seat, seeing that Chaemin is already in the car. Johnny hyung should be here soon.

Yes, she did say that she would "call a taxi", but it's kind of our fault that she ended up here in the first place. Actually, mostly Haechan's fault, but I still feel bad.

We sit there in awkward silence, because Johnny hyung is taking a suspiciously long time to get ready. 

When he finally does arrive, I glance at him and then have to blink and look again to see if I'm seeing things right. Wow, this man is taking things a little too far.

He tips his black bucket hat, probably stolen from Ten, and then puts it back on and slides into the car. Is that supposed to be the chauffeur hat that he doesn't own?

Glancing at the mirror, I also notice that he's taped a fake mustache to his philtrum and has a pair of sunglasses on.

But the funniest part is that he actually managed to find a suit in his wardrobe and is now wearing it, his outfit complete with a pair of polished black leather shoes.

"My apologies for arriving late," he apologizes in a ridiculous deep voice while buckling his seat belt and checking out his reflection in the mirror.

"Hyung! I told you to drop the act!" I whine in embarrassment.

"Excuse me young man, watch who you're talking to. I don't know who your hyung is here, but I'm just your professional chauffeur. Now, where is our destination?" he continues.

I glance over at Chaemin and see that she's smiling like she enjoys Johnny hyung's performance. What an interesting sense of humor she has. I just find his show embarrassing, embarrassing, and even more embarrassing.

She tells him her address, and then Johnny starts the car and begins driving us through the parking lot.

"So, what are you two youngsters planning to-" Hyung starts, then begins choking with laughter before he can finish his question.

"Excuse me, sir, I think you should focus on your driving before we get into an accident, don't you agree?" I advise, scared for my life.

"I apologize, I apologize, young sir," Johnny gasps, swerving to avoid a car as he turns his attention back to the road.

"How did you like our dorm?" I ask, turning to Chaemin.

"It was really nice! I liked meeting the members a lot," she answers happily, eyeing Johnny hyung with concern.

"Don't worry, this is how he normally asks," I assure her. Then, very smoothly, I ask, "By the way, who's your bias?"

Chaemin freezes for a second, then laughs and says, "Wow, very smooth, Taeyong, very smooth." Out of the corner of my eye, I catch Johnny hyung listening for her answer.

"So, who is your bias?" he asks. Please no, now he's speaking in English again. I think he's intentionally trying to get on my nerves by speaking in a language I'm not fluent in. Yet.

"You can't tell him I said this," Chaemin answers.

"It's a him?" Johnny gasps dramatically.

"Um, what other gender would they be?" she answers, her voice laced with confusion.

"You're right, I just wanted to be dramatic for a second. Go on," he answers. WHAT ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT?

"He's with is right now, and it's not you, Johnny. His hair is blue, and he's sitting to my left. I met him on an airplane," Chaemin says. I only understood the word Johnny. Why are they speaking so quickly?

Johnny gasps again, then promises, "Your secret is safe with me," along with a wink. This is getting seriously annoying.

"Hyung, what are you talking about?" I ask, trying to sound like I don't care at all about their conversation.

"Hm? Oh, this young lady just told me who her bias is from a group called NCT," he responds, immediately getting back to his driver act.

"You're really annoying," I mumble, acting like I don't care before turning to look out the window. They can have their conversation. I definitely don't mind. At all.

I lean my head against the window, tired, as always. Why is Haechan so annoying? Maybe I should really ground him for the rest of the day, and remind Mark to watch him.

I turn my attention back to Johnny and Chaemin's conversation for a while, trying to understand some of the words. Once again, WHY DO THEY TALK SO QUICKLY?

Soon, I give up on trying to listen to the dumb English conversation. My head hurts from trying to figure out what they're talking about.

I mean, I don't care at all, right?

With that thought, I put in my AirPods, pull up my hood, and then close my eyes and enter the world of music once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3K reads no way 😭 Ya'll are the best 💚💚💚💚

Thank you for reading!