Chapter 42

Taeyong's POV

"Of course I've had a boyfriend."

My heart plummets into my stomach at those words. That is, until she starts talking again.

"Of course I've had a boyfriend. His name was Steve and he lived in my basement. My favorite thing to do with him was play with stuffed animals. No, I haven't had a boyfriend," Chaemin laughs.

Why do people these days like to clown so much? 

After I get bullied by the other members for a good five minutes, Chaemin checks her phone and announces that her mom is here to pick her up.

"Bye!" I chorus with everyone else as Kun shuts the door as not to annoy any of our neighbors.

"She's fun!" Jisung announces as we all turn back.

"You know what's more fun? Everyone leaving our dorm and giving us peace and quiet," I respond, which results in Jisung pouting. I quickly apologize.

"Says the one who asked Chaemin if she's ever been in a relationship before," Haechan snorts, giving me a look.

"You weren't even subtle about it either, you just flat out went, 'Have you ever had a boyfriend'?" Johnny cackles, doing an overexaggerated impression of me.

"You might as well have just asked her to be your girlfrie-" Haechan starts, but is cut off by Kun slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Thanks, Kun. I'll go to my room now," I excuse myself, immediately exiting the room, leaving Kun with all 21 of the other members.

After shutting my door, I take a moment to think about what Haechan just said. Do I really like Chaemin? I've literally known her for less than a week, though.

Haha, no way. Yes, she's cute and all, but I don't know her well enough. Yet.

I push my thoughts aside and decide to just get to know Chaemin better, find out more about her. 

Pulling out my phone, I make up my mind to text her and ask if she wants to go somewhere in Korea together. Without the others.

Me
hey chaemin :)

Chaemin
hi taeyong :)
what brings you here on this lovely day

I hold back a smile and think about how to approach her.

Me
wanna go to like the museum sometime

Wow Taeyong, way to be smooth.

Chaemin
oh a museum!
thats a great idea
my mom keeps on telling me about how i need to learn korean history

Me
cool :)
what r u doing right now?

Chaemin

shopping for a new bed
cuz u know who broke it
-_-

Mei hope shes paying

Chaemin
lmao new eunhae? pay? impossible

Mewhy dont u just make her pay

Chaemin
what a great idea
i most definitely didnt think of that

I roll my eyes at her sarcastic sense of humor before continuing our conversation.

Mewhat even is ur relationship with her

*what your relationship with her used to be

Chaemin
i thought it was deep but i changed my mind
we were just best friends for a few years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯