Chapter 59

Chaemin's POV

"Oh my goodness HELP!" I listen to the panicked gasps of Taeyong as we near the peak of the roller coaster agonizingly slowly. This man must hate heights. I don't love them so much myself.

I try to think of something relaxing, finally settling on the peaceful feeling of waking up next to Taeyong this morning.

"It won't be that b-" I try to assure myself as well as him, but get cut off by a series of screams from the passengers near us as we plummet towards the ground at an astonishing speed.

I squeeze my eyes shut, feeling my stomach drop. We go through a series of dips and loops, my eyes closed the whole time until we finally slow down and come to a stop.

"That was scary," Taeyong comments, exhaling deeply. My heart is pounding, my legs shaky as we exit the roller coaster and finally reach solid ground.

"It was pretty fast, but good thing it was the last ride," I agree, knowing that it's going to take a while to recover from the thrill of that.

We exit the amusement park and get into Taeyong's car. Apparently, he's been working on his license for a few months, even though I just started learning about driving. Now we don't need Johnny to third wheel us everywhere we go.

"I have somewhere I want to take you," he mentions quietly as we get into the car. "Well, considering that I actually get us there in one piece."

"Your driving skills are fine, Taeyong," I assure him, then say, "Let's go!" I'm excited to see what this place is.

We sit through the car ride in comfortable silence, occasionally commenting on something. "We're pretty close to your dorm," I notice after a while, glancing out the window.

The car comes to a stop, and then my door opens to reveal Taeyong. What a gentleman. Getting out of the car, I see that we've ended up in a park, illuminated by a few lamps here and there.

"I like to come here at night on some days, just to walk around, you know?" he explains, taking my hand, which was swinging by my side. I blush and nod quickly.

"It's peaceful," I finally remark. Good thing it's night time, or else he'd be able to see just how pink my face is. I concentrate on studying the pattern of the stone path we're on, weaving through sections of grass and fancy landscaping.

"This seems like a romantic place," I laugh, suddenly feeling calm, any stress from before evaporating into the crisp night air.

"You know, I don't know where I would be if you didn't happen to be next to me on that flight," Taeyong comments, his voice floating through the air.

"Yeah, when I first heard I was coming to Korea, I hated the idea, and now look where we are," I agree, kicking a rock between my feet as we walk. 

"It's destiny," he laughs, taking a seat on a wooden bench and pulling me down with him.

"That's right," I agree, smiling and blushing again.

He returns the smile and gently cups my face, slowly leaning in and closing the distance between us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And there's your cliff hanger

Okay I'm actually sorry :( I need a day to figure out how to write the rest pls bear with me

Thanks for reading!