Chapter 61

Chaemin's POV

"So, who is this boyfriend of yours?" are the first words I hear when I get home. Taeyong drove me back before his practice, and now my dad is about to interrogate me.

So my mom told him. My parents are still on New Year's break, so as soon as I came home, they started asking me questions. They must've had a great time spamming me and trying to figure out what was happening while I was gone.

"She's 23, you don't have to interrogate her. Let the girl talk," my mom tells him. I silently thank her for her existence.

"Alright, you can talk," my dad sighs, crossing his arms. Normal people might think he's intimidating, when in reality, he's just being protective.

Wait a minute, that totally reminds me of Taeyong. Both insanely sweet, but also protective at times. Hopefully, this means that they'll get along fine. Hopefully.

"His name is Lee Taeyong, and he's a really great person," I begin.

"Oh, so the 'friend' you were with the whole time was a guy?" my mom says, then gushes, "Oh my goodness, my Chaemin has grown up!"

"What does this man do for a living?" my dad interrupts.

"You should ask him yourself," I respond, not wanting to speak for Taeyong.

"Are you suggesting that we meet him? That's a wonderful idea!" my mom exclaims, clapping her hands in excitement. Ah, yes, she loves having guests over.

"Well, not really, but I guess it could be arranged, only if he's okay with it," I reply quickly.

"Alright, you can ask him, I guess," my dad shrugs.

"Okay, thanks," I smile, and then retreat to the privacy of my room so I can ask Taeyong about everything that happened in the last five minutes.

Me
hi

Bubu ❤️
hiii
how are u

Me
just like you left me ten minutes ago

Bubu ❤️
ah right
so whats up?

Me
so
my parents want to meet you

Bubu ❤️
whoa there
that went from 0 to 100 real quick

Me
exactly
my family moves kinda fast

Bubu ❤️
tell them I said sure why not

Me
well that was easy wasn't it

Bubu ❤️
:)

Me
alright u can go practice now

Bubu ❤️
nooo

Me
we can talk later

Bubu ❤️
fine :(

Me
bye
love ya

Bubu ❤️
lyt

I smile, satisfied by our conversation and ready to break the news to my parents.

"What did he say?" my mom asks expectantly when I emerge from my room, tucking my phone into my pocket.

"He said sure, why not," I respond, relaying his message perfectly.

"Great! I'm so excited!" she exclaims enthusiastically. "When is a good time for him?"

"I think he's less busy on the weekends, so maybe a dinner meeting would be good?" I suggest. Ah, the idol life.

"That's a great idea! Is tomorrow a good time?" my dad questions, joining the conversation as he returns to the living room.

"I think it should be fine, but I'll check with him," I respond.

"This man seems to be insanely busy," my dad remarks.

"You'll get it when he tells you about himself," I promise.

"Alright," he shrugs, leaving again. I sit down on the couch to text Taeyong again.

Me
they want to know if tomorrow night is a good time

Bubu ❤️
yep!

Me
wait a moment aren't you at practice or sumn?

Bubu ❤️
right oops
bye!

I smile at his idiocy and text "bye" back, then look up to see my mom watching me with the brightest smile on her face.

"What?" I ask, slightly creeped out.

"I think I'll like this guy a lot. Just look at how happy he makes you!" she gushes happily, overjoyed. I realize that I was, in fact, smiling the whole time.

At least my mom is reacting just as I predicted. She'll love Taeyong, no matter what, even though it's hard to not love him.

"Yeah, I'm sure you'll love him, too!" I grin in response.

"Alright, I'm gonna go grocery shopping for tomorrow night! See you later!" she waves, leaving the house with a new spring in her step. Wow, that was fast.

I smile at her enthusiasm. I'm pretty hyped up for tomorrow, but I can bet that Taeyong is as nervous as one gets. 

Let's get it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taeyong do be meeting the parents now

Thanks for reading!