Chapter 22

Taeyong's POV

As soon as our manager pulls up to the dorms, I pull on my mask and cap and then bolt into the building.

Then I hurriedly unlock the door to our dorm and then rush into my room, locking the door behind me.

Great, now no one can follow me and interrogate me.

I sit down on my bed and pull out my phone. For some reason, I really want Chaemin to text me.

Minutes continue passing, one after another. I start to overthink my decisions.

One thought leads to another, and soon enough, I've come up with a whole list of worries. Except half of them don't really matter.

First of all, I broke a rule - "Never give your number or someone else's number to anyone." Not that I really care.

Second of all, I've only known Chaemin for a few days. Should I be trusting her with my number? If she leaks it or something, I'm dead. But, I mean, she seems pretty trustworthy...

I hear a ping from my phone, and immediately check it. Unfortunately, it's just Doyoung, attempting to get me to open my door. Not gonna happen.

Ignoring him, I drift back into my thoughts.

Third, speaking of the members, now the whole group knows. Yeah, I'm never going to live this down. It's okay, I'm pretty used to all the chaos, right?

Fourth, now I'm stressing out about this, locked in my room, waiting for a response. Why? I don't know, I just can't get it off my mind. I'm probably just worried about my number.

Fifth-

I'm yanked out of my thoughts once again by my phone pinging once again. I swear, if it's one of the members again-

Nope, it's an Unknown.

I swear, if this isn't actually Chaemin-

Pushing my doubts away, I look at the message. Yes, I'm Taeyong, but I still have my doubts and worries.

Unknown
Hi, I'm Chaemin from the NCT concert

Thank goodness, it's actually her. Um, at least I think it is. No confirmations.

I quickly text back, "yep, its me".

Well, that was kind of dumb. It's who? She didn't even ask me if I was Taeyong. Why am I overthinking this? I quickly rename the contact.

Chaemin
no way! y did u give me my ur number, btw?

Me
just wanted to get to know you better ;)

I don't even know what that thing means, Johnny hyung just sends it all the time. It kinda looks like a smiley face with different eyes.

I continue the conversation for a little, finding out that she's 23. After a minute, she tells me that she has to go eat or something.

Glancing at the clock, I see that it's literally 3:00 in the evening. Um, maybe she's going to eat a snack? I doubt she's going to eat a meal or something.

Pushing away the speck of disappointment in my heart, I say bye to her, and then drop back onto my bed.

Did Chaemin not want to talk to me?

Shrugging, I tell myself that I'm Taeyong from NCT. I don't care about this, right?

I stand up and unlock my door at last, swinging it open.

To my surprise, as soon as I open the door, Haechan and Mark tumble in, ending up in a heap on my floor.

"Um... Hi, Taeyong?" Mark greets me, guiltily looking away.

"Hey, Mark... and Haechan..." I answer, confused. Quickly, I piece everything together and figure out what they were doing.

"It was Haechan!" Mark blames, pointing a finger at his dongsaeng accusingly as he realizes I know what they were doing.

"Then why did you agree to come with me?" Haechan retorts shamelessly, a smug expression on his face.

"I'm sorry hyung!" Mark squeaks innocently, looking genuinely scared.

"Um, it's fine, just don't spy on me again, or do whatever you guys were doing," I sigh, quickly forgiving them.

"Yeah, you're so boring. Nothing interesting even happened," Haechan complains.

"What did you even expect?" I ask, helping Mark up from the floor.

"I don't know, you to be on the phone having a conversation with that Charin girl?" he answers, getting up and dusting himself off even though my floor is completely clean.

"And that's why you don't poke into other people's business," I scold, and then add, "By the way, her name is Chaemin."

This sets off an exclamation of "OMG, you remember her proper name!" from Haechan.

Rolling my eyes, I walk over to the door. "Please get out," I order nicely, holding it open for them.

Mark obediently shuffles out, followed by a downcast Haechan, who was apparently expecting some kind of insane drama to happen. 

Sorry, not today.

...But hopefully in the near future?

I contemplate on what I should do to distract myself.

Maybe I'll start a V Live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So oops it's been like a week since I last updated this book, sorry.

Thanks for reading!